Medellin Guru has partnered with a visa agency to offer Colombia visa services to foreigners at a very competitive price with a convenient office located in El Poblado in Medellín.
Colombia offers many different categories of visas, which enable you to stay in the country for a year or more.
If you are interested in being in Colombia for more than 180 days per year (which is the limit for tourists), you will need a Colombian visa. And the Medellin Guru Visa Service provides an efficient and cost-effective way to receive a Colombian visa.
Features of the Medellin Guru Visa Service
Medellin Guru has partnered with expatgroup.co to offer a very competitive visa service. Features of this service include:
- Virtual or in-person meeting to discuss your visa application.
- Provides a list of documents required for each type of visa.
- Initial review of documents for your visa.
- Provides templates for some required documents.
- Reviews your visa application to ensure maximum probability of approval.
- Applies for your visa online.
- Visa stamping service – once the visa is approved, couriers your passport to Bogotá to get the visa stamped in your passport and returns the passport to you.
- Visa registration and cedula application – assists with documents and schedules appointment with Migracion.
- Online chat – get visa questions answered fast.
- Online quotes – get immediate visa quotes.
- Office in El Poblado in Medellín.
- Competitive price compared to other visa services.
We reviewed all the Colombia visa agency services in Medellín. And we found one agency – expatgroup.co – which offers more efficient visa services with more features and more comprehensive communications including online chat, WhatsApp, Skype, email and phone plus a low price and a convenient office in El Poblado.
Our visa partnership with expatgroup.co is an affiliate relationship (like the Amazon affiliate program). If you use our visa partner, Medellin Guru receives a small commission and you support the website. This is at no additional cost to you. The price remains the same, whether you use a button or affiliate link on this website or not.
Furthermore, the visa agency expatgroup.co has helped hundreds of clients successfully receive Colombian visas. For example, here is a video of David Hammel, a U.S. citizen who obtained a Colombia retirement visa using expatgroup.co’s visa services:
And here is a testimony of Sam Green, who obtained his marriage visa recently using the visa service of Expatgroup.co:
I came across Expatgroup vía Medellin Guru when my wife and I moved to Medellin from the U.S. We were looking for information on applying for a Migration Visa for myself as my wife is Colombian and could be the sponsor. Spanish not being my first language, I wanted as seamless of a process as possible, particularly since I was in Colombia on a 90 day tourism visa. We went to their office and they were incredibly informative, friendly, and experienced in handling visa applications. I also found their rates to be competitive. Quite quickly, they were able to complete the process and in about a month, I had my visa. I would highly recommend them to anyone seeking migration services.
How to Use This Visa Service
To use this service, just click on the “Use the Medellin Guru Visa Service” button below. This will take you to a page with a chat box on the bottom right where you can chat directly with the visa agency. This box will show “We are online” if they are currently online.
And to get a visa quote just fill in the seven fields on the left of the page to get a visa quote. In addition on the left of the screen is a list of visa types where you can find out the documents required for each visa.
Furthermore, the visa agency we partnered with offers visa services anywhere in Colombia. So, if you are located in another city in Colombia you can use this service.
First 11 Months Statistics for The Medellin Guru Visa Service
The Medellin Guru visa service was launched in March 2019. And in the first 11 months, 168 visas have been successfully received by clients:
- 58 Retirement visas
- 36 Student visas (visitor visas)
- 34 Marriage/partner visas
- 12 Business investment visas
- 11 Resident visa
- 7 Work visas
- 2 Medical treatment visas (visitor visas)
- 2 Investment visa
- 6 Other types of visas
Also, our visa service provided visa stamping service to 10 clients (getting the visa in a customer’s passport who applied for a visa himself) and renewed 14 American passports in Bogotá using our passport renewal service.
In addition, many more visas are in process – short, medium or longer term, depending on client needs.
Why Use Colombia Visa Services?
It is possible to apply for a Colombian visa yourself. I successfully obtained three Colombian visas that I applied for my own in the past that were good for a total of five years.
But the biggest challenge with doing a Colombian visa yourself is that you won’t benefit from the experiences of a visa agency, which has processed hundreds of visas and knows exactly what is needed for each type of visa.
Also, another big benefit of using the visa services of a visa agency is that they offer services to courier your passport to Bogotá to get the visa stamped in your passport. So, you can avoid a trip to Bogotá.
So, for my latest visa received in 2018, a Colombia resident visa, I used a visa agency. And I found the experience painless and now highly recommend using a visa service over doing a Colombia visa application yourself. The bottom line is with a visa agency you are less likely to run into problems and you can avoid a trip to Bogotá.
The cost of a visa service including the service to courier your passport to Bogotá can even be cheaper than the cost of a trip to Bogotá.
A round-trip flight to Bogotá can cost $100. And when you add in a hotel to stay in plus taxis and meals the cost for a trip to Bogotá to get a visa stamped in your passport can easily exceed $200. So, you can save both money and time using a visa service.
Why Offer the Medellin Guru Visa Service?
1. Comprehensive Series of Colombia Visa Articles – Medellin Guru has a comprehensive series of articles about Colombian visas that are kept up-to-date. These articles are so popular they have received over 120,000 page views and over 800 comments.
In addition, over 100 questions are now received by Medellin Guru monthly about Colombian visas. By partnering with a visa agency, questions can now be answered more quickly, as the visa agency offers online chat.
2. Competitive Price and Services – we reviewed all the Colombia visa services offered by visa agencies and law firms. There is a wide range of prices and the Medellin Guru Visa Service in partnership with expatgroup.co has a very competitive price. Readers can save money with our visa service.
3. Supports Medellin Guru – the Medellin Guru website is costly to run and with this visa service Medellin Guru receives a small commission from expatgroup.co. This is at no additional cost to you.
The price remains the same, whether you use the links to the Medellin Guru Visa Service from this website or not. You support the Medellin Guru website by using the Medellin Guru Visa Service and you can save money compared to other providers offering Colombia visa services.
Medellin Guru’s Comprehensive Visa and Passport Series
The Colombian visa changes that went into effect in mid-December 2017 were significant. So, on the Medellin Guru site, we have a comprehensive series of visa articles that are kept up-to-date and should answer most visa questions. These articles include:
- Colombia Visa Guide: Ultimate Guide How to Get a Colombian Visa
- How to Obtain a Colombian Visa with Up-to-Date Info – an overview of all the Colombian visas
- Visa Agencies: A Guide to Visa Agencies in Medellín and Colombia
- 7 Common Colombian Visa Mistakes: How to Avoid Them
We have looked in detail at the seven most popular Colombian visas used by foreigners:
Also, we have looked in detail at three additional Colombian visas, which are less popular for foreigners:
- Rentista visa (annuity visa) – for foreigners with a fixed income
- Beneficiary visa – for relatives of visa holders
- Expertise visa – for professionals
Furthermore, we have a guide to how apply for a cedula extranjeria in Colombia and a guide to using notaries in Medellín and Colombia. Finally, Medellin Guru has partnered with a visa agency to offer Colombia visa services.
All of our Colombia visa articles were updated in early 2019 to ensure they are up-to-date. In addition, all visa articles on this website will be kept up-to-date as new details are disclosed.
The Bottom Line: Medellin Guru Visa Service – Providing Colombia Visa Services
Medellin Guru has partnered with expatgroup.co to offer Colombia visa services to foreigners at a competitive price with a convenient office located in El Poblado in Medellín.
If you are in Medellín and you don’t want to travel for your visa you can use the Medellin Guru Visa Service to obtain a Colombian visa. This service will take care of the online visa application and will courier your passport to Bogotá to get the visa in your passport.
We highly recommend using a visa service over doing a Colombia visa application yourself. The bottom line is with a visa service from a visa agency you are less likely to run into problems and you can avoid a trip to Bogotá, which can save you both time and money.
Sign up for the Free Medellin Guru Newsletter – You can see all of the previous Medellin Guru weekly email newsletters and sign up here.
Editors note: updated on March 20, 2019 to answer questions from readers about using this visa service.
Editors note: updated on February 17, 2020 to add statistics for the first 11 months of the Medellin Guru visa service partnership.