Da Filippo Pizza Artigianale is a popular pizzeria located in El Poblado in Medellín. It has some very good thin-crust pizza cooked in a wood-burning brick oven. “Artigianale” in the restaurant’s name is Italian for “handmade.”
I first went to Da Filippo a couple months month ago with a friend living in El Poblado, who recommended the restaurant and said it’s his favorite pizzeria in El Poblado. Since then, I have returned twice, as Da Filippo has good food.
This restaurant in El Poblado has good pizzas and also a number of other good Italian dishes on the menu. Note the above photo is courtesy of Da Filippo.
More About Da Filippo Pizza Artigianale
Da Filippo Pizza Artigianale opened in early 2016 and the restaurant specializes in Italian food, particularly pizzas.
The chef of the restaurant is Diego Vásquez. And all the items on the menu are reportedly the result of a search for products that were carried out for two years by Diego Vásquez from Bogotá and Luigi Gaudenzi from Antioquia.
The concept of the restaurant is to make all its Italian food in a wood-burning oven. Nothing is prepared on a stove, grill or otherwise. And all the ingredients used at this restaurant are of very high quality.
The Food Menu at Da Filippo
Da Filippo specializes in pizzas and there are 19 different pizzas on the menu. The pizzas at Da Filippo come in one size with six slices.
Here is a list of the 19 different pizzas on Da Filippo’s menu:
- Margarita – tomato sauce base, mozzarella cheese and fresh basil – 28,500 pesos
- Marinara – tomato sauce base, garlic, oregano and olive oil (mozzarella cheese optional) – 29,500 pesos
- Prosciutto Cotto – tomato sauce base, mozzarella cheese and ham – 30,500 pesos
- Gina – tomato sauce base, mozzarella cheese, capers, black olives and tomatoes – 31,500 pesos
- Pancetta– tomato sauce base, mozzarella cheese, bacon and egg – 32,500 pesos
- Funghi (mushroom) – tomato sauce base, mozzarella cheese, ham and mushrooms – 32,500 pesos
- Tonno – tomato sauce base, mozzarella cheese, tuna and caramelized onions – 32,500 pesos
- Anna – tomato sauce base, mozzarella cheese and anchovies – 33,500 pesos
- Diavola – tomato sauce base, mozzarella cheese, spicy salami, basil and garlic – 34,000 pesos
- Bresaola – tomato sauce base, mozzarella cheese, bresaola and parmesan cheese – 34,000 pesos
- Capricciosa – tomato sauce base, mozzarella cheese, artichokes, ham, mushrooms, black olives and mushrooms – 35,000 pesos
- Genova – pesto sauce, mozzarella cheese pecan nuts and mozzarella cheese strands and cream – 35,000 pesos
- Donna – tomato sauce base, mozzarella cheese, roasted paprika, zucchini, green asparagus and goat cheese – 34,500 pesos
- Prosciutto – tomato sauce base, mozzarella cheese and Serrano ham – 38,000 pesos
- Cipolla – mozzarella cheese and onion – 32,500 pesos
- Bianca – mozzarella cheese, cherry tomatoes and mozzarella cheese strands and cream – 34,000 pesos
- Piemonte – mozzarella cheese, Gorgonzola cheese and pear – 34,000 pesos
- Vittorio – mozzarella cheese, brie cheese and prosciutto – 36,000 pesos
- Formaggi – mozzarella cheese, gruyere Gorgonzola cheese and parmesan cheese – 34,500 pesos
And of course you can add or subtract ingredients to any of the above pizzas.
On the menu are 12 different appetizers with prices ranging from 18,000 to 28,500 pesos. Also, on the menu are several pasta dishes for 31,000 to 33,000 pesos each. And there are eight different sauces to choose from for the pasta dishes.
In addition, there is fish of the day for 38,000 pesos, a chicken dish for 33,000 pesos and a steak medallions dish for 38,000 pesos. Also, there are six different salads on the menu with prices ranging from 15,000 to 31,000 pesos.
Finally, there are three different desserts on the menu priced at 12,900 to 15,000 pesos.
The Drink Menu at Da Filippo
Da Filippo has a large drink menu. There are 12 beers for 6,500 to 9,500 pesos each and several sodas for 5,000 pesos each. And there is tea and bottled water for 5,000 pesos. In addition, there are natural juices for 6,000 to 7,500 pesos each and several coffees from 5,500 to 8,000 pesos each.
Also, there are over 40 different wines on the menu priced from 63,000 to 110,000 pesos and the house wine is 10,000 pesos per cup. In addition, there are over 30 different cocktails priced from 17,000 to 36,000 pesos each.
Furthermore, there are over 60 different liquors on the menu with prices per bottle ranging from 78,000 pesos to 530,000 pesos. And prices for shots range from 15,000 to 53,000 pesos each.
Location of Da Filippo
How to Get to Da Filippo
Da Filippo is located in El Poblado in Medellín very close to Parque Lleras. The restaurant is located near one of the main streets in El Poblado – Calle 10.
The nearest Medellín Metro station is the Poblado station on the A Line. And this restaurant is about a 20-minute walk uphill from the Poblado metro station. In addition, two other popular parks – Parque Poblado and Parque Presidente, are about a five-minute walk from Da Filippo.
Taxis or Uber are other options to get to this pizzeria. Every taxi or Uber driver in Medellín will know where Parque Lleras is located. And this pizzeria is located near Parque Lleras, just provide the driver the address below.
Address: Carrera 40 # 10A-30, El Poblado, Medellín
Phone: +57 4 266 3489
Hours: Monday to Saturday: Noon to 11 pm, Sunday: Noon to 4 pm
The Best Pizzerias in Medellín
We have looked at seven of the best pizzerias in the Medellín metro area with very good pizzas.
- Café Zorba – a very popular pizzeria in El Poblado with very good vegetarian thin-crust pizzas.
- Ammazza – a popular chain of three pizzerias in Medellín with excellent thin-crust pizzas.
- Pizzeria Centro – a pizzeria in El Centro with very good thin-crust pizzas.
- Pizzería Olivia – a popular chain of eight pizzerias in Medellín.
- Da Filippo – a pizzeria in El Poblado with very good thin-crust pizzas.
- Pizza en Leña – a chain of two pizzerias in Sabaneta – owner is Dutch.
- Bigotes – a chain of two German pizzerias in Medellín – owner is German.
The Bottom Line: Da Filippo
Da Filippo has some very good thin-crust pizzas. And this restaurant is located in El Poblado near Parque Lleras. So, it has already been discovered by many foreigners.
If you like thin-crust pizza with high quality ingredients cooked in a wood-burning brick oven, Da Filippo is recommended. It also has some other good Italian food on the menu and a pretty extensive drink menu.
Sign up for the Free Medellin Guru Newsletter – You can see all of the previous Medellin Guru weekly email newsletters and sign up here.