Ragazzi Pizzas Y Pastas is a popular pizzeria chain with three pizzerias in the Medellín metro area with very good thin-crust pizzas.
I recently discovered this pizzeria chain’s location in Sabaneta, which has been open for about a year. This chain’s first pizzeria is in Envigado, which opened about two years ago. And the chain recently opened its third pizzeria in Laureles.
Note the above photo is a Mediterránea pizza at Ragazzi, photo courtesy of Ragazzi. This pizza was used by Ragazzi in the Pizza Master Medellín 2018 competition that started on October 22, 2018.
Ragazzi won the 2018 Pizza Master competition with this pizza. More information about Pizza Master is found at the end of this article.
When I discovered this pizzeria, I found that it has very good pizzas that are served on a skillet to keep the pizzas hot, something I haven’t seen at another pizzeria in Medellín. Also, it has some good pasta dishes. In addition, Ragazzi has free Wi-Fi available.
The Food Menu at Ragazzi Pizzas Y Pastas
Ragazzi is a pizzeria so it specializes in pizzas. And there are 16 different pizzas on the menu. In addition, all the pizzas come in three different sizes – personal (18 cm), for a couple (28 cm) or with friends (38 cm).
Here’s a list of the 16 different pizzas on Ragazzi’s menu:
- Del Huerto (from the garden) – with mozzarella cheese, onions, peppers, mushrooms, olives and fresh basil – 19,500 pesos (18 cm), 25,500 pesos (28 cm), 33,500 pesos (38 cm)
- Vegana (vegan) – with TOFU cheese, onions, tomatoes, peppers, mushrooms and squash – 19,500 pesos (18 cm), 25,500 pesos (28 cm), 33,500 pesos (38 cm)
- Pomodoro (tomato) – with mozzarella cheese, fresh tomatoes, basil and oregano – 18,500 pesos (18 cm), 23,500 pesos (28 cm), 30,500 pesos (38 cm)
- Hawaiian – with mozzarella cheese, ham and pineapple – 20,500 pesos (18 cm), 28,500 pesos (28 cm), 36,500 pesos (38 cm)
- Pepperoni lovers – with mozzarella cheese, pepperoni and basil – 20,500 pesos (18 cm), 28,500 pesos (28 cm), 36,500 pesos (38 cm)
- Chicken with mushrooms – with mozzarella cheese, chicken and mushrooms – 21,500 pesos (18 cm), 29,500 pesos (28 cm), 37,500 pesos (38 cm)
- Chicken BBQ Tropical – with mozzarella cheese, chicken with BBQ sauce and pineapple – 23,500 pesos (18 cm), 31,500 pesos (28 cm), 38,500 pesos (38 cm)
- Ragazzi (house pizza) – with mozzarella cheese, blue cheese, bacon, mushrooms, squash and a house sauce – 23,500 pesos (18 cm), 31,500 pesos (28 cm), 38,500 pesos (38 cm)
- Cheese – with mozzarella, provolone, blue, parmesan and ricotta cheeses – 23,500 pesos (18 cm), 31,500 pesos (28 cm), 38,500 pesos (38 cm)
- Carbonara – with mozzarella cheese, Portobello mushrooms, bacon and parmesan cheese – 23,500 pesos (18 cm), 31,500 pesos (28 cm), 38,500 pesos (38 cm)
- Ibérica – with mozzarella cheese, Serrano ham and green olives – 23,500 pesos (18 cm), 31,500 pesos (28 cm), 38,500 pesos (38 cm)
- Italian – with mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese, prosciutto and squash – 23,500 pesos (18 cm), 31,500 pesos (28 cm), 38,500 pesos (38 cm)
- Carne (meats) – with mozzarella cheese, Serrano ham and bacon – 23,500 pesos (18 cm), 31,500 pesos (28 cm), 38,500 pesos (38 cm)
- Regional – with mozzarella cheese, chorizo, maicitos and aguacate – 23,500 pesos (18 cm), 31,500 pesos (28 cm), 38,500 pesos (38 cm)
- Cheese and Apple – with mozzarella cheese, green apple combined with blue cheese – 23,500 pesos (18 cm), 31,500 pesos (28 cm), 38,500 pesos (38 cm)
- Seafood – with a pesto base, mozzarella cheese, shrimp, crab hearts and anchovies –32,500 pesos (28 cm), 39,500 pesos (38 cm)
Also, on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday each week, Ragazzi has a promotion where pizzas are “buy 1 get 1 free” all day long. And, of course, you can add or subtract ingredients to any of the above pizzas.
In addition, the menu has three lasagnas for 16,500 pesos each. And there are six different pasta dishes for 13,500 to 18,500 pesos, two ravioli dishes for 16,500 pesos each and a calzone dish for 17,500 pesos.
Also, there are two soups for 8,000 and 8,500 pesos. And there are two salads available for 13,500 and 14,500 pesos.
Furthermore, this pizzeria has a kids’ menu with a pizza for 23,500 to 24,500 pesos or a pasta dish for 18,500 to 19,500 pesos, with the price depending on the drink chosen.
Finally, there are three different desserts on the menu. I tried the brownie with vanilla ice-cream for 7,500 pesos and it was very tasty.
The Drink Menu at Ragazzi Pizzas Y Pastas
The drink menu at Ragazzi isn’t as big as is found at some other pizzerias in town. The menu includes three different beers priced at 4,500 to 7,900 pesos. In addition, they have some artisanal beers starting at 7,500 pesos.
Also on the menu is wine by the cup for 8,500 pesos and they have a small selection of wines by the bottle starting at 48,000 pesos. And sangria is available by the pitcher for 37,600 pesos.
Finally, there are several non-alcoholic drinks on the menu including natural juices, sodas, malted drinks and tea available for 3,500 to 6,500 pesos.
How to Get to Ragazzi Pizzas Y Pastas
Ragazzi Pizzas Y Pastas has three locations in the Medellín metro area:
- Envigado: Calle 40H Sur # 42A-32
- Sabaneta: Calle 71 Sur # 43B-31
- Laureles: Calle 38 # 76-06
The Laureles location is their newest pizzeria that opened in November.
The Ragazzi location in Sabaneta is located only one block from the popular Parque Sabaneta. Parque Sabaneta is located about a 10-minute walk east from the Medellín Metro Sabaneta station, which is the second to last station going south on the A Line.
There are also metro feeder buses that frequently run from the Sabaneta metro station to near Parque Sabaneta, which cost only 2,200 pesos. But be careful, the buses don’t go directly to Parque Sabaneta. They run about a block away. In addition, just about every taxi driver in Medellín will know how to get to popular Parque Sabaneta.
Taking taxis are another option to get to this pizzeria. Just provide one of the addresses above. Or if going to the location in Sabaneta, most drivers will know where Parque Sabaneta is located.
Phone: +57 313 620 3142
Hours: Sunday to Thursday: 11:30 am to 10:30 pm, Thursday and Friday: 11:30 am to 11:30 pm.
The Best Pizzerias in Medellín
We have looked at 13 of the best pizzerias in the Medellín metro area in detail, which have very good pizzas.
- Ammazza – a popular chain of three pizzerias in Medellín with excellent thin-crust pizzas.
- Pizzeria Centro – a pizzeria in El Centro with very good thin-crust pizzas.
- Café Zorba – a very popular pizzeria in El Poblado with very good vegetarian thin-crust pizzas.
- Due Amici Pizzeria – a pizzeria in Suramericana with very good thin-crust pizzas.
- Pizzería Olivia – a popular chain of nine pizzerias in Medellín.
- Bigotes – a chain of three German pizzerias in Medellín – owner is German.
- Pizza en Leña – a chain of two pizzerias in Sabaneta – owner is Dutch.
- Ragazzi Pizzas Y Pastas – a chain with three pizzerias in the Medellín area.
- Opera – a pizzeria in Laureles with good thin-crust pizzas.
- Ná Pizza – a popular pizzeria in Envigado with very good thin-crust pizzas.
- Pane y Pomodoro – a chain of two pizzerias in Medellín with good thin-crust pizzas.
- Burro Pizzeria – a popular pizzeria in Envigado with good thin-crust pizzas.
- Cavieli Ristorante Caffe – a popular pizzeria in Belén near Clínica las Américas.
All 13 pizzerias listed above in my opinion have better pizza than the pizza chains in Medellín like Domino’s, Jeno’s, Papa John’s, Pizza Doble Pizza, Pizza Hut or Pizzas Piccolo.
Also, we included Ragazzi in our list of the best pizza places in Medellín.
In addition, in my opinion, Papa John’s has the best pizza out of the big pizza delivery chains in Colombia. But all of the above independent pizzerias we have looked at in detail have better pizzas than Papa John’s and the other pizza chains in Colombia.
Pizza Master Medellín 2018
Pizza Master Medellín 2018 started on Monday, October 22 in Medellín and ran until Sunday, October 28.
This was a promotion where over 40 pizzerias in Medellín offered a special promotion pizza for only 13,000 pesos. And with a soda the cost becomes 16,000 pesos or with a beer for 18,000 pesos.
The over 40 pizzerias participated in Pizza Master Medellín 2018 can be seen here. Pizza Master chose the best five pizzerias in each city based on its competition. But in my opinion, this is a flawed competition. Not all the best pizzerias in each town participated.
For example, in 2018, only four out of our top 11 pizzerias in Medellín listed above participated in Pizza Master. So, how can they claim the results are the “best pizzerias”?
This is the same problem as last year. Many of the best pizzerias in the city decided not to participate and offer pizzas at discounted prices.
In addition, each pizzeria only entered one type of pizza in the competition. So, a restaurant that chooses a popular combination of ingredients can possibly have a better chance to win. This competition isn’t necessarily comparing apples-to-apples.
Ragazzi participated in Pizza Master. Their pizza in the 2018 Pizza Master competition was the Mediterránea with mozzarella cheese, tomato sauce, Italian pepperoni, smoked bacon and ham, covered with fresh basil and a touch of balsamic reduction with panela and vanilla from Madagascar. And this pizza won the competition.
The Pizza Master promotion also ran in Bogotá, Barranquilla, Cali and Bucaramanga at the same time. A total of over 150 pizzerias in Colombia participated in this promotion.
And they expected half a million pizzas to be consumed in Colombia during this week-long promotion.
The Bottom Line: Ragazzi Pizzas Y Pastas
Ragazzi has some very good thin-crust pizzas plus good pasta dishes on the menu. Also, it’s a popular restaurant with locals living near its pizzerias. So, it can get busy on the weekends. In addition, it appears that not many foreigners have discovered this pizza chain yet.
I was impressed with the pizzas at this pizzeria. If you like thin-crust pizza with high quality ingredients, Ragazzi is recommended. Also, Ragazzi is one the best pizzerias I have looked at in a series of the best pizzerias in Medellín on the Medellin Guru website.
I have been on a quest to find the best pizzerias in the Medellín metro area. And I have tried over 35 pizzerias and have written about the 13 best pizzerias I have found, so far.
If you know of any other really good pizzerias in town we haven’t covered that should be on our list of the best pizzerias in the Medellín metro area, please let us know in the comments below.
Sign up for the Free Medellin Guru Newsletter – You can see all of the previous Medellin Guru weekly email newsletters and sign up here.
Editors note: updated on November 20, 2018 with information that Ragazzi won the 2018 Pizza Master competition in Medellín and their third pizzeria is open.
Editors note: updated on September 15, 2019 with a new address for Ragazzi in Envigado as they moved to a new location.