Burro Pizzeria is a popular pizzeria in Envigado with very good thin-crust pizzas. And it hasn’t yet been discovered by many foreigners.
I recently went to this pizzeria that was recommended by a friend living nearby in Envigado and it was also recommended by some Medellin Guru readers. And I found that the pizzas are very good.
Burro Pizzeria specializes in thin-crust pizza and they use the slogan “The Art of Pizza”. Also, note that the above photos are courtesy of Burro Pizzeria.
The Food Menu
Burro Pizzeria is a pizzeria so it specializes in pizzas. And there are 18 different pizzas on the menu. In addition, all the pizzas come in one size with eight slices.
Here’s a list of the 18 different pizzas on Burro’s menu:
- Margherita – with tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese and fresh basil – 19,900 pesos
- Burrata – with pesto base, tomatoes, cow milk cheese and balsamic – 34,900 pesos
- Mascarpone – with pesto base, mozzarella cheese, prosciutto, cream cheese, mix of lettuce and balsamic – 34,900 pesos
- Hawaiian – with tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, bacon and pineapple – 26,900 pesos
- Chicken and mushrooms – with tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, baked chicken and mushrooms – 28,900 pesos
- Chicken Jack Daniels BBQ – with tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, baked chicken, onions in Jack Daniels BBQ sauce and bacon – 34,900 pesos
- Carbonara – with tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, bacon and eggs – 29,500 pesos
- Pepperoni – with tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese and pepperoni – 26,900 pesos
- Burro – with tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, bacon, corn and aguacate – 28,900 pesos
- York ham – with tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, York ham, olive oil, reduction of balsamic and lettuce mix – 23,900 pesos
- Three cheeses – with tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, blue cheese and parmesan cheese – 28,900 pesos
- Veggie – with tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, mushrooms, peppers, aquacate, lettuce mix and olive oil – 29,900 pesos
- BBQ Sailor Jerry – with tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, bacon, cream cheese and BBQ Sailor Jerry – 35,000 pesos
- Sriracha (medium hot) – with tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, aguacate, fresh cilantro and Sriracha sauce – 29,900 pesos
- Meats – with tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, pepperoni, sausage, prosciutto and lettuce mix– 35,900 pesos
- Del Mar (From the Sea) – with tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, shrimp, aguacate and fresh cilantro – 32,500 pesos
- Italian sausage – tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, Italian sausage, black olives, mix of small salad greens and balsamic reduction – 36,900 pesos
- Chévre – with pesto base, mozzarella cheese, peppers, almonds, mix of small salad greens, goat cheese and balsamic reduction – 30,500 pesos
And, of course, you can add or subtract ingredients to any of the above pizzas.
In addition, the menu has six different pasta dishes with prices ranging from 21,900 to 32,900 pesos. And there are three mixed dishes with pasta plus meat, chicken or salmon for 23,900 to 32,900 pesos.
Also, there are seven different appetizers on the menu for 11,900 to 29,900 pesos. Finally, there are also three desserts on the menu for 12,900 pesos each.
The Drink Menu
The drink menu at Burro Pizzeria is pretty small and isn’t as big as is found at some other pizzerias in town. The menu includes seven different beers priced at 4,500 to 6,900 pesos.
Also, on the menu are three house wines by the bottle for 55,000 pesos and they have two types of sangria available by the half-liter for 34,900 pesos or liter for 59,900 pesos. In addition, they have gin sodas for 14,900 pesos.
Finally, there are several non-alcoholic drinks on the menu including natural juices, sodas, lemonades, waters, tea and coffee available for 4,000 to 7,900 pesos.
How to Get to Burro Pizzeria
The easiest way to get to Burro Pizzeria in Envigado is using the Medellín Metro. To get there take the Line A metro to the Envigado metro station.
Also, it’s located about a 5-minute walk from Parque Envigado, which is about a 15-minute walk from the metro station. Or you could take a bus from the metro station or a minimum fare taxi for 5,500 pesos.
And from Parque Envigado walk to the right of the Iglesia de Santa Gertrudis church and you will find this popular pizzeria on the left side of the street several blocks past the new Mercado del Tranvía Envigado.
Also, Burro Pizzeria is located very close to La Burger Bar (aka The BGR Burgers), a popular burger restaurant in Envigado.
Address: Carrera 44 # 40DD Sur-1A, Envigado
Phone: +57 (4) 331 5243
Hours: Sunday to Thursday: Noon to 10 pm, Friday and Saturday: Noon to 11 pm
Payment accepted: Credit cards or cash
The Best Pizzerias in Medellín
We have looked at 14 of the best pizzerias in the Medellín metro area in detail, which have very good pizzas.
- Ammazza – a popular chain of three pizzerias in Medellín with excellent thin-crust pizzas.
- Pizzeria Centro – a pizzeria in El Centro with very good thin-crust pizzas.
- Café Zorba – a very popular pizzeria in El Poblado with very good vegetarian thin-crust pizzas.
- Due Amici Pizzeria – a pizzeria in Suramericana with very good thin-crust pizzas.
- Pizzería Olivia – a popular chain of nine pizzerias in Medellín.
- Bigotes – a chain of three German pizzerias in Medellín – owner is German.
- Pizza en Leña – a chain of two pizzerias in Sabaneta – owner is Dutch.
- Ragazzi Pizzas Y Pastas – a chain with three pizzerias in the Medellín area.
- Opera – a pizzeria in Laureles with good thin-crust pizzas.
- Ná Pizza – a popular pizzeria in Envigado with very good thin-crust pizzas.
- Pane y Pomodoro – a chain of two pizzerias in Medellín with good thin-crust pizzas
- Burro Pizzeria – a popular pizzeria in Envigado with good thin-crust pizzas.
- Da Filippo – a pizzeria in El Poblado with good thin-crust pizzas.
- Cavieli Ristorante Caffe – a popular pizzeria in Belén near Clínica las Américas.
All 14 pizzerias listed above in my opinion have better pizza than the pizza chains in Medellín like Domino’s, Jeno’s, Papa John’s, Pizza Doble Pizza, Pizza Hut or Pizzas Piccolo.
Also, we included Burro Pizzeria in our article about the 15 best pizza places in Medellín.
In addition, in my opinion, Papa John’s has the best pizza out of the big pizza delivery chains in Colombia. But all of the above independent pizzerias we have looked at have better pizzas than Papa John’s and the other pizza chains in Colombia.
The Bottom Line: Burro Pizzeria in Envigado
Burro Pizzeria has some very good thin-crust pizzas and my friend living nearby says it gets busy on the weekends.
I was impressed with the pizzas at this pizzeria. If you like thin-crust pizza with high quality ingredients, Burro is recommended. Also, Burro Pizzeria is the 14th pizzeria I have looked at in detail in a series of the best pizzerias on the Medellin Guru website.
I have been on a quest to find the best pizzerias in the Medellín metro area. And I have tried out well over 35 pizzerias and have written about 14 of the best pizzerias I have found.
If you know of any other really good pizzerias in town we haven’t covered that should be on our list of the best pizzerias in the Medellín metro area, please let us know in the comments below.
Sign up for the Free Medellin Guru Newsletter – You can see all of the previous Medellin Guru weekly email newsletters and sign up here.