Due Amici Pizzeria is a popular pizzeria located in Suramericana in Medellín with very good thin-crust pizzas as well as some good sandwiches. Suramericana is a barrio in the Laureles-Estadio comuna in Medellín.
A friend living in Laureles highly recommended Due Amici to me and he said it’s his favorite pizzeria near where he lives. And I recently tried this pizzera out for the first time.
I found that Due Amici has very good thin-crust pizza with a perfectly cooked very thin-crust that is cooked in a gas pizza oven.
Note the above photo is a Spanish sausage pizza at Due Amici, photo courtesy of Due Amici.
Du Amici is open Tuesday to Sunday each week and it serves sandwiches from 10 am to 4 pm and starts serving pizzas at 5 pm.
The Food Menu at Due Amici Pizzeria
Du Amici specializes in pizzas and there are 11 different pizzas on the menu. And all the pizzas come in one size with eight slices.
Here’s a list of the 11 different pizzas on Du Amici’s menu. Also, the base of each pizza includes mozzarella cheese and tomato sauce.
- Margherita – fresh basil – 22,500 pesos
- Bianca – onion rings and black olives – 25,500 pesos
- Spinaci E Blue– marinated spinach and blue cheese – 28,000 pesos
- Vegetales – roasted peppers, dried tomatoes and mushrooms – 28,500 pesos
- Panceta + Shitake – bacon and Shitake mushrooms – 30,500 pesos
- Manu – York ham and mushrooms – 28,500 pesos
- Salami – salami – 19,000 pesos
- Chorizo Español – Spanish sausage (regular or spicy) – 30,000 pesos
- Prosciutto E Arugula – Serrano ham and rúgula – 30,500 pesos
- Anchoas en el Huerto – marinated anchovies, capers and green olives – 30,500 pesos
- Temporada – special seasonal pizza – 30,500 pesos
And, of course, you can add or subtract ingredients to any of the above pizzas. Also, keep in mind the pizzas at Du Amici are only severed at 5 pm or later.
In addition, on the menu Du Amici has three appetizers priced at 8,500 to 13,000 pesos.
Furthermore, this pizzeria has several sandwiches on the menu that are only sold from 10 am to 4 pm.
Finally, there are three different cookies on the menu priced at 2,100 pesos each. And there is a pastry dessert available for 7,500 pesos.
The Drink Menu at Due Amici Pizzeria
The drink menu at Due Amici isn’t as big as found at some other pizzerias in town. The menu includes eight different beers priced at 4,500 to 7,500 pesos.
Also, there are 12 different wines on the menu priced at 40,000 to 85,000 pesos per bottle. And several half-bottles of wine are available for 22,000 to 25,000 pesos. Also, there is a house wine for 7,500 pesos per glass. And they have five liquors available by shot for 3,900 to 9,000 pesos.
In addition, there are several non-alcoholic drinks on the menu including sodas, tea and bottled water available for 3,000 to 7,200 pesos. Also, there are six coffees on the menu for 2,700 to 4,500 pesos.
How to Get to Due Amici Pizzeria
Due Amici Pizzeria is located in the Suramericana barrio of the Laureles-Estadio Comuna. The easiest way to get to Due Amici is via the Medellín metro. And Du Amici is located about a 5-minute walk from the Suramericana metro station on Line B.
Taxis or Uber are other options to get to this pizzeria. Most taxi or Uber driver in Medellín will know where the Suramericana metro station is located and just provide the address below, which is located near the metro station.
Address: Calle 49A # 64C-58, barrio Suramericana in Laureles-Estadio, Medellín
Phone: +57 4 230 5602
Hours: Tuesday to Saturday: 10 am to 4 pm sandwiches and 5 pm to 11 pm pizzas, Sunday: 10 am to 4 pm sandwiches and 5 pm to 9 pm pizzas, Monday: closed.
The Best Pizzerias in Medellín
We have looked at 14 of the best pizzerias in the Medellín metro area in detail, which have very good pizzas.
- Ammazza – a popular chain of three pizzerias in Medellín with excellent thin-crust pizzas.
- Pizzeria Centro – a pizzeria in El Centro with very good thin-crust pizzas.
- Café Zorba – a very popular pizzeria in El Poblado with very good vegetarian thin-crust pizzas.
- Due Amici Pizzeria – a pizzeria in Suramericana with very good thin-crust pizzas.
- Pizzería Olivia – a popular chain of nine pizzerias in Medellín.
- Bigotes – a chain of three German pizzerias in Medellín – owner is German.
- Pizza en Leña – a chain of two pizzerias in Sabaneta – owner is Dutch.
- Ragazzi Pizzas Y Pastas – a chain with three pizzerias in the Medellín area.
- Opera – a pizzeria in Laureles with good thin-crust pizzas.
- Ná Pizza – a popular pizzeria in Envigado with very good thin-crust pizzas.
- Pane y Pomodoro – a chain of two pizzerias in Medellín with good thin-crust pizzas.
- Burro Pizzeria – a popular pizzeria in Envigado with good thin-crust pizzas.
- Da Filippo – a pizzeria in El Poblado with good thin-crust pizzas.
- Cavieli Ristorante Caffe – a popular pizzeria in Belén near Clínica las Américas.
All 14 pizzerias listed above in my opinion have better pizza than the pizza chains in Medellín like Domino’s, Jeno’s, Papa John’s, Pizza Doble Pizza, Pizza Hut or Pizzas Piccolo.
Also, we included Du Amici Pizzeria in our list of the 15 best pizza places in Medellín.
In addition, in my opinion, Papa John’s has the best pizza out of the big pizza delivery chains in Colombia. But all of the above independent pizzerias we have looked at in detail have better pizzas than Papa John’s and the other pizza chains in Colombia.
The Bottom Line: Due Amici Pizzeria with Good Thin-Crust Pizza in Suramericana
Due Amici Pizzeria has some very good thin-crust pizzas plus good sandwiches on the menu. Also, it’s a popular restaurant with locals in the area. So, it can get busy on the weekends.
Due Amici is a hidden gem neighborhood pizzeria in Suramericana with very good pizzas that hasn’t yet been discovered by many foreigners.
I was very impressed with the thin-crust pizza at this pizzeria, as the pizzas have an excellent crust. If you like thin-crust pizza with high quality ingredients, Due Amici is recommended.
If you know of any other really good pizzerias in town we haven’t covered that should be on our list of the best pizzerias in the Medellín metro area, please let us know in the comments below.
Sign up for the Free Medellin Guru Newsletter – You can see all of the previous Medellin Guru weekly email newsletters and sign up here.