Cavieli Ristorante Caffe is a pizzeria in Medellín with very good thin-crust pizzas as well as some other good food. Cavieli Ristorante Caffe is popular with locals. And it’s located in Belén near Clínica las Américas.
In addition, Cavieli Ristorante Caffe is currently rated the #3 pizzeria in Medellín on TripAdvisor. But be careful with TripAdvisor reviews, as not all the highly rated restaurants are so good. There are even companies which businesses can hire to create highly believable fake TripAdvisor reviews, fix a reputation if they’ve received bad reviews, or even sabotage competitors.
I used to live nearby in the Loma de los Bernal barrio. But when I lived nearby this small pizzeria hadn’t opened yet. Cavieli opened about three years ago.
A friend of mine living in Belén first took me to this pizzeria about a year ago. And I have returned several times since it has good pizza. This pizzeria is located near the PriceSmart warehouse club. So, I sometimes eat lunch or dinner at this pizzeria before going shopping at PriceSmart.
Note the above photo is a personal size four-meat pizza at Cavieli with smoked bacon, cooked ham, Serrano ham and salami.
The Food Menu at Cavieli Ristorante Caffe
Cavieli specializes in pizzas and there are 15 different pizzas on the menu. And the pizzas come in two sizes: personal with four slices and median with eight slices.
Here’s a list of the 15 different pizzas on Cavieli’s menu:
- Margherita – basil – 15,900 pesos personal, 25,900 pesos medium
- Capresa – tomatoes and oregano – 16,900 pesos personal, 26,900 pesos medium
- Diavola – spicy salami and red pepper – 17,900 pesos personal, 29,900 pesos medium
- Salame Italiano – Italian salami – 18,900 pesos personal, 30,900 pesos medium
- Vegetarian – eggplant, zucchini, mushrooms, peppers and onions – 18,900 pesos personal, 30,900 pesos medium
- Chicken and mushrooms – chicken, mushrooms and cream milk – 18,900 pesos personal, 30,900 pesos medium
- Bacon – smoked bacon and corn – 18,900 pesos personal, 30,900 pesos medium
- Hawaiian – ham and caramelized pineapple – 18,900 pesos personal, 30,900 pesos medium
- Buffalo – buffalo mozzarella in slices and basil – 21,900 pesos personal, 32,900 pesos medium
- Quatro quesos – blue cheese, mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese and macheco cheese – 21,900 pesos personal, 32,900 pesos medium
- Italian – Serrano ham, green olives and parmesan cheese – 21,900 pesos personal, 32,900 pesos medium
- Four meats – smoked bacon, cooked ham, Serrano ham and salami – 25,900 pesos personal, 34,900 pesos medium
- Calzone – ham, mushrooms and oregano – 29,900 pesos medium
- Mediterranea Sardegna – seafood, shrimp, octopus and squid – 35,900 pesos medium
- Cavieli Dulce – chocolate Nutella and nut mix – 19,900 personal, 31,900 medium
And, of course, you can add or subtract ingredients to any of the above pizzas.
In addition, this pizzeria has several Italian dishes on the menu. There are seven different pasta dishes with prices ranging from 13,900 to 28,900 pesos. And there are five meat dishes, three chicken dishes and three fish dishes with prices ranging from 18,900 to 2I9,900 pesos.
Also, on the menu are six different appetizers with prices ranging from 16,900 to 49,900 pesos. In addition, there are three salads for 23,900 pesos each and two soups for 10,900 pesos each.
Finally, there are five different desserts on the menu priced at 6,400 to 12,900 pesos. I have only tried the tiramisu that was very good.
The Drink Menu at Cavieli Ristorante Caffe
The drink menu at Cavieli has several options. The menu includes seven different Colombian beers priced at 4,900 pesos. And there are three cocktails priced at 16,900 pesos each.
In addition, they have Italian wines starting at 49,900 pesos per bottle. Also, a cup of house wine costs 11,900 pesos or 29,000 pesos for a bottle. And there are seven different liquor options on the menu.
Finally, for non-alcoholic drinks there are several natural juices, sodas, waters, teas and coffees on the menu with prices ranging from 3,000 to 9,900 pesos.
How to Get to Cavieli Ristorante Caffe
Cavieli Ristorante Caffe is located in Belén in Medellín in the small Plazoleta Las Américas mall that is located next to Clínica las Américas. Clínica las Américas is considered the #3 of the best hospitals in Medellín and #18 in Latin America.
There is no metro station nearby. The nearest metro station is the Poblado metro station but it’s about a 9,000-peso taxi ride from the Poblado metro station to Clínica las Américas where this pizzeria is located.
Also, there are also some bus routes that go to Clínica las Américas where this pizzeria is located. For example, bus routes C3-001 and C3-002 from the Envigado metro station go to Clínica las Américas.
Taxis or Uber are other options to get to this pizzeria. Almost every taxi or Uber driver in Medellín will know where Clínica las Américas is located and the Plazoleta Las Américas mall is located next to Clínica las Américas.
Address: Diagonal 75B #21-120, Local 175, Mall Plazoleta Las Américas, Belén, Medellín
Phone: +57 341 9085
Hours: Monday to Sunday: Noon to 9 pm.
The Best Pizzerias in Medellín
We have looked at 11 of the best pizzerias in the Medellín metro area with very good pizzas.
- Ammazza – a popular chain of three pizzerias in Medellín with excellent thin-crust pizzas.
- Pizzeria Centro – a pizzeria in El Centro with very good thin-crust pizzas.
- Café Zorba – a very popular pizzeria in El Poblado with very good vegetarian thin-crust pizzas.
- Due Amici Pizzeria – a pizzeria in Suramericana with very good thin-crust pizzas.
- Pizzería Olivia – a popular chain of eight pizzerias in Medellín.
- Pizza en Leña – a chain of two pizzerias in Sabaneta – owner is Dutch.
- Ragazzi Pizzas Y Pastas – a chain with three pizzerias in the Medellín area.
- Opera – a pizzeria in Laureles with very good thin-crust pizzas.
- Da Filippo – a pizzeria in El Poblado with good thin-crust pizzas.
- Bigotes – a chain of two German pizzerias in Medellín – owner is German.
- Cavieli Ristorante Caffe– a popular pizzeria in Belén near Clínica las Américas.
All 11 pizzerias listed above in my opinion have better pizza than the big pizza chains in Medellín like Domino’s, Jeno’s, Papa John’s, Pizza Doble Pizza or Pizzas Piccolo.
Also, we included Cavieli in our list of the 12 best pizza places in Medellín.
In addition, in my opinion, Papa John’s has the best pizza out of the big pizza delivery chains in Colombia. But all 11 of the above independent pizzerias we have looked at have better pizzas than Papa John’s and the other big pizza chains in Colombia.
The Bottom Line: Cavieli Ristorante Caffe
Cavieli hasn’t been discovered by many foreigners since it’s located in Belén, which is away from the areas foreigners normally stay. But this pizzeria has some good thin-crust pizzas and it’s popular with locals.
If you happen to be going shopping at PriceSmart in Medellín, you could stop at Cavieli for lunch or dinner before shopping. And it’s the best restaurant I’m aware of nearby.
Sign up for the Free Medellin Guru Newsletter – You can see all of the previous Medellin Guru weekly email newsletters and sign up here.