Opera Pizzeria & Restaurante is a popular pizzeria located in Laureles in Medellín with very good brick-oven cooked thin-crust pizzas as well as some good Italian food.
I have been to Opera many times over the past several years with friends that live in Laureles and I like the thin-crust pizzas at this pizzeria. I always order a pizza but my friends have sometimes ordered the pasta dishes that they said were also good.
But this is a pizzeria that specializes in made-to-order pizzas with reasonable prices. And this pizzeria is owned by Italians. So, the pizza is Italian-style. Also, this pizzeria is popular with locals in Laureles.
Note the above photo is a pepperoni pizza at Opera with mushrooms added.
The Food Menu
Opera specializes in pizzas and there are 21 different pizzas on the menu. And all the pizzas come in one size with six slices.
Here’s a list of the 21 different pizzas on Operas’s menu and the first pizza (Margherita) listed is the base for all the other pizzas on the list:
- Margherita – red sauce, mozzarella cheese, basil and oregano – 17,000 pesos
- Prosciutto cotto – cooked ham – 19,000 pesos
- Pancetta – smoked bacon – 19,000 pesos
- Salami – salami – 19,000 pesos
- Pepperoni – pepperoni – 22,000 pesos
- Hawaiian – ham and pineapple – 20,000 pesos
- Tricolor – fresh tomatoes and basil – 19,000 pesos
- Pollo (chicken) – chicken and mushrooms – 22,000 pesos
- Siciliana – ham, salami and mushrooms – 22,000 pesos
- Bolognese – Bolognese sauce – 24,000 pesos
- Toscana (Tuscany) – sausage, mushrooms and parmesan cheese – 22,000 pesos
- Calzone – salami, ham and mushrooms – 22,000 pesos
- Julio (July) – salami, smoked bacon, mushrooms and tender corn – 24,000 pesos
- Vegetariana (vegetarian) – paprika, zucchini, aubergine and mushrooms – 22,000 pesos
- Prosciutto crudo – Serrano ham – 22,000 pesos
- Capricciosa (whimsical) – ham, mushrooms, artichokes, capers, olives and mozzarella cheese
- Cuatro quesos (four cheeses) – mixed cheeses: parmesan, mozzarella, blue and pecorino – 25,000 pesos
- Opera – salami, smoked bacon, mushrooms, olives and capers – 26,000 pesos
- Deliziosa – pizza cuadrad (delicious – square pizza) – ham, pepperoni, milk cream and parmesan cheese – 25,000 pesos
- Frutto de mar (seafood) – shrimp, squid rings, octopus and mussels in shell – 30,000 pesos
- Especial (Special) – Serrano ham, smoked bacon, mushrooms, blue cheese, parmesan cheese, olives and endive – 30,000 pesos
And, of course, you can add or subtract ingredients to any of the above pizzas. Opera has 22 different ingredients that can be added to pizzas for 2,000 to 10,000 pesos per ingredient. So, it’s easy to customize your pizza at Opera.
In addition, this pizzeria has other Italian dishes on the menu, which include eight different pastas for 16,000 to 22,000 pesos. Also, on the menu are five different appetizers with prices ranging from 10,000 to 16,000 pesos.
Finally, there are three different desserts on the menu priced at 8,000 to 18,000 pesos. I tried the tiramisu in the past that was very good.
In addition, Opera has a promotion on Tuesday to Thursday from noon to 5 pm, where everything on the menu is 20 percent off.
The Drink Menu
The drink menu at Opera is relatively small. The menu includes 10 different beers priced at 3,500 to 6,000 pesos. And there are five different wines on the menu priced at 30,000 to 50,000 pesos per bottle or 6,000 pesos for a cup of wine.
In addition, there are natural juices in water or milk and tea and bottled water available for 2,500 to 5,000 pesos.
How to Get to Opera
Opera is located in Laureles off of LA 70 (Setenta). The easiest way to get to Opera is via the Medellín metro. Opera is located about a 10-minute walk from the Estadio metro station on Line B.
Taxis are another option to get to this pizzeria. Every taxi driver in Medellín will know where LA 70 (Setenta) is located and just provide the address below.
Address: Calle 42 # 70-22, Laureles, Medellín
Phone (WhatsApp): +57 301.572.1587
Hours: Tuesday to Thursday: Noon to 10 pm, Friday and Saturday: Noon to 11 pm, Sunday and Holidays: Noon to 10 pm, Monday: closed.
The Best Pizzerias in Medellín
We have looked at 13 of the best pizzerias in the Medellín metro area in detail, which have very good pizzas.
- Ammazza – a popular chain of three pizzerias in Medellín with excellent thin-crust pizzas.
- Pizzeria Centro – a pizzeria in El Centro with very good thin-crust pizzas.
- Café Zorba – a very popular pizzeria in El Poblado with very good vegetarian thin-crust pizzas.
- Due Amici Pizzeria – a pizzeria in Suramericana with very good thin-crust pizzas.
- Pizzería Olivia – a popular chain of nine pizzerias in Medellín.
- Bigotes – a chain of three German pizzerias in Medellín – owner is German.
- Pizza en Leña – a chain of two pizzerias in Sabaneta – owner is Dutch.
- Ragazzi Pizzas Y Pastas – a chain with three pizzerias in the Medellín area.
- Opera – a pizzeria in Laureles with good thin-crust pizzas.
- Ná Pizza – a popular pizzeria in Envigado with very good thin-crust pizzas.
- Pane y Pomodoro – a chain of two pizzerias in Medellín with good thin-crust pizzas.
- Burro Pizzeria – a popular pizzeria in Envigado with good thin-crust pizzas.
- Cavieli Ristorante Caffe – a popular pizzeria in Belén near Clínica las Américas.
All 13 pizzerias listed above in my opinion have better pizza than the pizza chains in Medellín like Domino’s, Jeno’s, Papa John’s, Pizza Doble Pizza, Pizza Hut or Pizzas Piccolo.
Also, we included Opera in our list of the best pizza places in Medellín.
In addition, in my opinion, Papa John’s has the best pizza out of the big pizza delivery chains in Colombia. But all of the above independent pizzerias we have looked at in detail have better pizzas than Papa John’s and the other pizza chains in Colombia.
The Bottom Line: Opera with Good Thin-Crust Pizza in Laureles
Opera has some very good thin-crust pizzas plus some other Italian food on the menu. Also, it’s a popular restaurant with locals in the area. So, it can get busy on the weekends.
Since Opera is a small neighborhood pizzeria located in Laureles, its pizza prices are generally lower than the pizzerias located in El Poblado. And if you like thin-crust pizza with high quality ingredients cooked in a brick oven, Opera is recommended.
Sign up for the Free Medellin Guru Newsletter – You can see all of the previous Medellin Guru weekly email newsletters and sign up here.