Hello Burgers & Beer is a popular gourmet burger restaurant in the Medellín area with good American style burgers that can be custom made. This restaurant used to be named Monsieur Burger but it rebranded in 2019 to Hello Burgers & Beer.
This used to be a chain of gourmet burger restaurants with two locations in El Poblado and Envigado but the Envigado location closed in mid-2019.
Also, many expats know about the original El Poblado location of Monsieur Burger, which was located on Calle 8A about two blocks from Parque Poblado. This location in El Poblado was popular. However, this location on Calle 8A closed. And it moved in December 2018 to the current location on Carrera 43D in the Manila barrio of El Poblado.
The unique thing about this burger place is you can chose the bread, the meat, the cheese and toppings. So, the burgers can be custom made.
The Burgers at Hello Burgers & Beer
This is a gourmet burger restaurant that only has burgers on the menu. So, don’t go expecting to find anything else on the menu. But they do have chicken and falafel burgers available.
Hello Burgers & Beer has 12 signature burgers on the menu that come with fries for a salad:
- Cheeseburger – with traditional bread, single beef, American cheese, pickles, onions, ketchup and mustard – 19,900 pesos
- Bacon Cheeseburger – with traditional bread, single beef, bacon, American cheese, pickles, onions, ketchup and mustard – 20,900 pesos
- Bacon Blue Cheeseburger – with traditional bread, single beef, bacon, American cheese, pickles, onions and blue cheese sauce – 21,900 pesos
- Little French Girl – with rustic bread, single beef, blue cheese sauce, Gruyere cheese, bacon, fried onions and caramelized onions – 22,900 pesos
- Hello! – with traditional bread, single beef, bacon, cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomato, onions and Hello! sauce – 21,900 pesos
- Must – with rustic bread, single beef, cheddar cheese, tomato, onions, rúgula and dijon sauce – 22,900 pesos
- Dijon Old Style – with rustic bread, single beef, bacon, cheddar cheese, onions, lettuce and dijon sauce – 22,900 pesos
- Hot and Spicy – with rustic bread, single beef, pepper-jack cheese, lettuce, tomato, onions, jalapeños and spicy-Hello! sauce sauce – 21,900 pesos
- Smoke – with integral bread, single beef, bacon, artesanal cheese, onions, lettuce, pickles and Hello! sauce or spicy-Hello! sauce sauce – 24,900 pesos
- So Chick – with traditional bread, chicken, guacamole, onions, Gruyere cheese, cilantro and mayonnaise – 22,900 pesos
- Chick n Cheese – with rustic bread, chicken, bacon, cheddar cheese, onions and blue cheese sauce – 22,900 pesos
- Vurger – with integral bread, falafel, rúgula, tomato, onions, Gruyere cheese, herbs and mustard – 20,900 pesos
Also, at Hello Burgers & Beer the burgers can be made to order at customer request and you build the burger by phase.
- Part 1 – decide on bread – traditional, integral or rustic – and single beef (125 grams), double beef (250 grams), chicken, or chickpea falafel cooked to order. Also includes lettuce, onions and tomatoes. (12,000 pesos and add 5,000 pesos for double meat).
- Part 2 – decide on sauce: spicy Hello!, Hello!, Dijon, fine herbs or blue cheese
- Part 3 – decide on additions: including cheddar cheese, pepper-jack cheese, American cheese, Gruyere cheese, bacon, jalapeños, sweet pickles or onions cooked in red wine and balsamic (1,000 to 4,500 pesos each)
- Phase 4 – decide on accompaniments – French fries or salad (5,500 pesos each).
Furthermore, they have a lunch combo available, which is a cheeseburger with fries and drink for 15,900 pesos. In addition, there are seven appetizers on the menu priced from 5,900 to 14,900 pesos.
Finally, there are four desserts on the menu for 6,000 to 8,000 pesos.
The Drink Menu
In terms of drinks, Hello Burgers & Beer has a relatively small drink menu. On the menu are 22 different beers for 5,900 to 11,900 pesos each.
Also, the menu has several non-alcoholic drinks including waters, sodas and teas for 4,500 to 5,900 pesos.
How to Get to Hello Burgers & Beer
Hello Burgers & Beer used to have a restaurant located a couple of blocks from Parque Poblado in El Poblado when it was named Monsieur Burger. But this location moved to Carrera 43D # 10-7 in December 2018.
It is easy to get Hello Burgers & Beer via the Medellín Metro, as this restaurant is located about a 10-minute walk from the Poblado metro station on Line A.
Also, Monsieur Burger used to have a second location in Envigado but it closed in mid-2019 before the rebranding of Monsieur Burger to Hello Burgers & Beer.
Address: El Poblado: Carrera 43D # 10-7, Manila barrio of El Poblado; phone: +57 311.6593
Hours: Monday to Sunday: noon to 10:30 pm
The Best Burger Places in Medellín
We have looked at 11 of the best burger places in Medellín and the Aburrá Valley:
- Chef Burger – a chain of 11 gourmet burger places in Medellín with very good American style burgers.
- La Pampa – a chain of six Argentinian steakhouses that specializes in steaks but also has some good burgers.
- Federal Ribs – a chain of five restaurants in Medellín, which specializes in BBQ ribs but also has some very good burgers.
- Barbacoa Burger & Beer – a chain of four gourmet burger restaurants in Medellín with good American style burgers.
- Grill Station Burger – a chain of four popular gourmet burger restaurants in Medellín with American style burgers, which use Brangus beef in their burgers.
- Hello Burgers & Beer – a gourmet burger restaurant in El Poblado with burgers you can customize with your favorite ingredients.
- Classic Diner – a restaurant in Envigado with a classic American diner feel and good burgers.
- Jack and Roll – a popular burger restaurant in Envigado with good burgers.
- La Burger Bar (The BGR Burger) – a popular burger restaurant in Envigado with good burgers.
- Medellín Burger Company – a burger restaurant Laureles with burgers that only uses Angus beef.
- Patrick’s Irish Pub – a large sports bar in Parque Lleras in El Poblado with good burgers.
In addition, we included Hello Burgers & Beer in our list of the 13 best burger places in Medellín.
The Bottom Line – Hello Burgers & Beer
Hello Burgers & Beer is one of my favorite burger places in Medellín. This restaurant has very good American style burgers that can be custom made with ingredients you select, which I like.
There is a lot of competition for gourmet burger places in Medellín. Several other burger places in Medellín like Chef Burger, Barbacoa Burger & Beer, Grill Station Burger and Jack & Roll also have good gourmet style burgers.
Furthermore, all these gourmet style burger restaurants tend to have much better burgers than you will find at the fast food places like Burger King or McDonalds.
The only downside of Hello Burgers & Beer is that this restaurant is relatively small. So, they can get busy at night on Fridays and on the weekends. So, it may take some time to wait for a table and service may be slower than on less busy days.
Let us know in the comments – what are your favorite burger places in Medellín?
Sign up for the Free Medellin Guru Newsletter – You can see all of the previous Medellin Guru weekly email newsletters and sign up here.
Editors note: updated on November 25, 2019 with the new name of this restaurant that rebranded as Hello Burgers & Beer and updated with the current menu and with information that the Envigado location has closed.