Monsieur Burger is a popular chain of two gourmet burger restaurants in the Medellín area with good American style burgers that are custom made.
The Monsieur Burger chain has two locations in El Poblado and Envigado. And many expats know about the old El Poblado location of Monsieur Burger, which was located on Calle 8A about two blocks from Parque Poblado.
This location in El Poblado was popular. However, this location on Calle 8A closed. And it moved about a week ago to a new location on Carrera 43D.
The unique thing about this burger place is you chose the bread, the meat, the cheese and toppings. So, the burgers are custom made.
The Burgers at Monsieur Burger
This is a gourmet burger restaurant that only has burgers on the menu. So, don’t go expecting to find anything else on the menu. But they do have chicken and falafel burgers available.
At Monsieur Burger, most of the burgers are made to order at customer request and you build the burger by phase.
- Phase 1 – decide on bread – traditional, integral or rustic – and single beef (125 grams), double beef (250 grams), chicken, or chickpea falafel cooked to order. Also includes lettuce, onions and tomatoes. (10,000 pesos and add 4,000 pesos for double meat).
- Phase 2 – decide on sauces: spicy Monsieur, Monsieur, Dijon, fine herbs or blue cheese (2,000 pesos for two sauces)
- Phase 3 – decide on additions: cheddar cheese, pepper jack cheese, Gruyere cheese, bacon, jalapenos, sweet pickles or onions cooked in red wine and balsamic (2,000 pesos each)
- Phase 4 – decide on accompaniments – French fries or salad (4,500 pesos each).
Also, they have a combo available, which is a burger with fries and drink for 16,900 pesos.
In addition, Monsieur Burger has four original recipe burgers on the menu:
- La Spicychick – with traditional bread, chicken, lettuce, tomato and onions, spicy Monsieur sauce and cheddar cheese – 16,000 pesos
- La Francesita (the Frenchy) – with rustic bread, single beef, blue cheese sauce, Gruyere cheese, lettuce, bacon, and onions cooked in red wine and balsamic – 17,000 pesos
- La Clasica (the Classic) – with traditional bread, single beef, lettuce, tomato and onions, Monsieur sauce and cheddar cheese – 14,000 pesos
- La Vegetariana (the vegetarian) – with integral bread, chickpea falafel, lettuce, tomato, fine herb sauces, cheddar cheese and onions cooked in red wine and balsamic – 16,000 pesos
The Drink Menu at Monsieur Burger
In terms of drinks, Monsieur Burger has a very small drink menu. On the menu are Aguila and Club Colombia beers for 4,500 pesos each.
Also, the menu has several non-alcoholic drinks including waters, sodas and teas for 3,500 to 6,000 pesos.
How to Get to Monsieur Burger
Monsieur Burger used to have a restaurant located a couple of blocks from Parque Poblado in El Poblado. But this location moved to Carrera 43D # 10-7 about a week ago. So, if you are familiar with Monsieur Burger’s first location on Calle 8A in El Poblado, this location is closed and has moved.
The new El Poblado location is about a 10-minute walk from Parque Lleras. Or you can get to the new Monsieur Burger location in El Poblado via the Medellín Metro. And this restaurant is located about a 10-minute walk from the Poblado metro station on Line A.
Also, Monsieur Burger has a second location in Envigado that opened about seven months ago. And this second location is in the Calle de la Buena Mesa (Street of the Good Table) area in Envigado, which has many restaurants.
You can also get to the Envigado location on the Medellín Metro. It’s located about a 15-minute walk from the Ayurá metro station on Line A.
Also, many taxi or Uber drivers in Medellín will know where Calle de la Buena Mesa in Envigado is located.
Here are the two Monsieur Burger addresses:
- El Poblado: Carrera 43D # 10-7; phone: +57 311.6593
- Envigado: Carrera 45A # 30Sur-15; phone: +57 302.6233
Hours: Monday to Sunday: noon to 10:30 pm
The Best Burger Places in Medellín
So far, we have looked at 10 of the best burger places in Medellín and the Aburrá Valley:
- Chef Burger – a chain of 11 gourmet burger places in Medellín with very good American style burgers.
- Barbacoa Burger & Beer – a chain of four gourmet burger restaurants in Medellín with good American style burgers.
- Grill Station Burger – a chain of four popular gourmet burger restaurants in Medellín with American style burgers, which use Brangus beef in their burgers.
- Jack and Roll – a popular burger restaurant in Envigado with good burgers.
- Monsieur Burger – a chain of two gourmet burger restaurants in the Medellín area with burgers that you customize with your favorite ingredients.
- La Burger Bar (The BGR Burger) – a popular burger restaurant in Envigado with good bugers.
- Medellín Burger Company – a burger restaurant Laureles with burgers that only uses Angus beef.
- Federal Ribs – a chain of five restaurants in Medellín, which specializes in BBQ ribs but also has some very good burgers.
- La Pampa – a chain of six Argentinian steakhouses that specializes in steaks but also has some good burgers.
- Classic Diner – a restaurant in Envigado with a classic American diner feel and good burgers.
The Bottom Line – Monsieur Burger
Monsieur Burger is one of my favorite burger places in Medellín. This chain has very good American style burgers that are custom made with ingredients you select, which I like.
There is a lot of competition for gourmet burger places in Medellín. Several other burger places in Medellín like Chef Burger, Barbacoa Burger & Beer, Classic Diner, Grill Station Burger and Jack & Roll also have good gourmet style burgers.
Furthermore, all these gourmet style burger restaurants tend to have much better burgers than you will find at the fast food places like Burger King or McDonalds.
The only downside of Monsieur Burger is that both locations are relatively small. So, they can get busy at night on Fridays and on the weekends. So, it may take some time to wait for a table and service may be slower than on less busy days.
Let us know in the comments – what are your favorite burger places in Medellín?
Sign up for the Free Medellin Guru Newsletter – You can see all of the previous Medellin Guru weekly email newsletters and sign up here.