Pigasus is a chain of four restaurants in Medellín with very good burgers and specializes in pork including chicharrón (pork rinds).
Pigasus’ first restaurant opened in 2017 and they now have four restaurants located in Medellín and the Aburrá Valley with two in Medellín, one in Sabaneta and one in Bello.
I saw that Pigasus recently opened a new restaurant in the Mayorca mall in Sabaneta and tried it out a few weeks ago and was impressed with the food. They have very good burgers. Note three of the above photos are courtesy of Pigasus.
The Food Menu
There are several good burgers in the menu at Pigasus including:
- Piggy cheese – Artisan bread with 166 grams of beef, cheddar cheese, garlic and chipotle sauce – 17,000 pesos.
- Pigasus burger – Artisan bread with 166 grams of beef with 100 grams of pork rinds bathed in house sauce, cheddar cheese – 23,000 pesos.
- Ultimate burger – Artisan bread with 166 grams of beef, pork and crispy pork rinds bathed in house sauce, cheddar cheese, Philadelphia cream cheese – 25,500 pesos
- Fly burger – Artisan bread with crispy chicken and grilled cheese, roasted tomato, basil, bacon and a chicken wing – 26,900 pesos.
- Double Pig – Artisan bread with double 166 grams of beef, double bacon, double cheese – 27,000 pesos.
- Pigasus Gold – 166 grams of beef, double cheddar cheese, Philadelphia cheese, with bread bathed in cheese sauces on top of Philadelphia cheese wrapped in bacon – 27,500 pesos.
- Pigasus double – Artisan bread with double 166 grams of beef, 100gr of pork rinds bathed in house sauce, double cheddar cheese. – 28,000 pesos
- Piggy Ultra – Artisan bread with 166 grams of beef, double cheddar cheese, pulled pork, crispy pork rinds bathed in barbeque sauce, tomato, crispy onion, garlic and blue cheese sauce – 29,000 pesos
- Ultimate double – Artisan bread with 166 grams of beef, pork rinds bathes in barbeque sauce, cheddar cheese, Philadelphia cheese – 29,500 pesos
- Exotic burger – Artisan bread with 166 grams of beef, a big pork wing (200 grams) bathed in barbeque sauce and grilled, cheddar cheese with chipotle sauce – 31,000 pesos.
- Triple Pig – Artisan bread with triple 166 grams of beef, triple bacon, triple cheese, garlic sauce – 32,000 pesos
All of the burgers come with a choice of fries.
Specialties of the chef include barbecue ribs for 31,000 pesos, Punta de Anca de Cerdo (half) for 58,000 pesos or full for 95,000 pesos, Chicharrón de chef for 25,000 pesos and Pork wings for 28,000 pesos.
Also, there are Chicharrón “wings” – 23,000 pesos for 6, 43,000 pesos for 12 or 79,000 pesos for 24. In addition, there are chicken wings – 19,400 for 6, 36,000 pesos for 12, 62,000 pesos for 24 and 98,000 pesos for 48.
Furthermore, there are several sharing dishes with a mix of pork, fries, wings and other items for 52,000 to 140,000 pesos.
Also, there are seven appetizers on the menu for 12,000 to 17,000 pesos.
In addition, they frequently run promotions such a 2X1 wings that can be seen on their Facebook.
The Drink Menu
Pigasus has a small drink menu that includes several beers (both local and imported) for 5,000 to 9,000 pesos.
Also, there are sodas and water or tea for 4,500 pesos and flavored sodas for 8,500 pesos.
How to Get to Pigasus
Pigasus has four locations in Medellín and the Aburrá Valley.
- Carrera 81 # 30-37 (near the Los Molinos mall in Belén)
- At Mayorca mall in Sabaneta (in the new phase)
- Calle 41A #70-166 in Laureles
- At the Plazoleta Los Arbols shopping center in Bello at Avenida 43 # 51-55a
Website: https://pigasus.com.co/ (can order online for deliveries)
Hours: Noon to 9 pm.
Phone: (WhatsApp) +57 318 414 6978 (Sabaneta, Envigado and El Poblado), +57 316 234 8112 (Belén and Laurles), +57 315 452 7470 (Bello)
Payment: accepts credit cards or cash
The Best Burger Places in Medellín
We have looked at 11 of the best burger places in Medellín and the Aburrá Valley:
- Chef Burger – a chain of 11 gourmet burger places in Medellín with very good American style burgers.
- La Pampa – a chain of five Argentinian steakhouses that specializes in steaks but also has some good burgers.
- Barbacoa Burger & Beer – a chain of four gourmet burger restaurants in Medellín with good American style burgers.
- Grill Station Burger – a chain of four popular gourmet burger restaurants in Medellín with American style burgers, which use Brangus beef in their burgers.
- Pigasus – a chain of four restaurants in Medellín with very good burgers and specializes in pork including chicharrón
- Hello Burgers & Beer – a gourmet burger restaurant in El Poblado with burgers you can customize with your favorite ingredients.
- Classic Diner – a restaurant in Envigado with a classic American diner feel and good burgers.
- Jack and Roll – a popular burger restaurant in Envigado with good burgers.
- La Burger Bar (The BGR Burger) – a popular burger restaurant in Envigado with good burgers.
- Medellín Burger Company – a burger restaurant Laureles with burgers that only uses Angus beef.
- Patrick’s Irish Pub – a large sports bar in Parque Lleras in El Poblado with good burgers.
In addition, we included Pigasus in our list of the best burger places in Medellín.
The Bottom Line: Pigasus – A Chain of Restaurants in Medellín with Good Burgers and Chicharrón
Pigasus has come good burgers and specializes in Chicharrón if you like pork rinds.
Pigasus also does deliveries in Sabaneta, Envigado, El Poblado, Belén, Laureles and Bello so you can order from home during curfews.
If you like big burgers, we recommend this restaurant.
Sign up for the Free Medellin Guru Newsletter – You can see all of the previous Medellin Guru weekly email newsletters and sign up here.
Editors note: updated on April 16, 2021 to add location in Laureles.