Classic Diner is a popular restaurant in Envigado near Medellín. It has a classic American diner feel including a table inside a car and good gourmet burgers. In addition, it has a pool table inside of a car.
This is one of the largest restaurants I have seen in Medellín. In addition, Classic Diner won the Burger Master competition in Medellín with its Gran Torino burger.
I first went to Classic Diner recently with a friend who lives in Sabaneta. He highly recommended this restaurant. And we both had burgers that were very good.
The Burgers at Classic Diner
Classic Diner specializes in gourmet style burgers that are named after car models. And they have a selection of 19 different burgers on the menu ranging in price from 17,900 to 37,900 pesos:
- Gran Torino – Sesame bread, 150 grams of Angus beef grilled to order, Philadelphia cheese, black truffle mayonnaise, mix of green leaves, shredded carrots and bacon jam – 24,900 pesos. In addition, this burger won the Burger Master competition.
- Classic Diner – Parmesan and basil bread, 180 grams of beef grilled to order, American cheese, cheddar cheese, blue cheese, Swiss cheese, bacon, mayonnaise, lettuce, tomato and onions – 27,900 pesos.
- Buick – Yogurt bread, pork leg, pork cracklings, mozzarella cheese, beer BBQ sauce, lettuce, onions and tomato – 17,900 pesos.
- Cadillac – Sesame bread, 180 grams of beef grilled to order, American cheese, pickles, mayonnaise, lettuce, onions and tomato – 19,900 pesos.
- Corvette – Sesame bread, Portobello mushroom, mozzarella cheese, mayonnaise, lettuce, onions and dried tomatoes – 19,900 pesos.
- Malibu – Sesame bread, 180 grams of beef grilled to order, caramelized bacon, mozzarella cheese, ranch mayonnaise, lettuce, dried tomatoes and onions – 22,900 pesos.
- GMC – Sesame bread, 300 grams of beef grilled to order, bacon, American cheese, pickles, mayonnaise, lettuce, onion and tomato – 26,900 pesos.
- Lamborghini – yogurt bread, 180 grams of beef grilled to order, bacon, grilled cheese, mayonnaise, lettuce, tomato and onions – 23,900 pesos.
- El Camino – Parmesan and basil bread, 180 grams of beef grilled to order, bacon, pepper jack cheese, fried tortilla, chipotle sauce, avocado, jalapeño, mayonnaise, lettuce, tomato and onions – 23,900 pesos.
- Dodge – Sesame bread, 150 grams of beef grilled to order, caramelized bacon, onion rings, beer BBQ sauce, mozzarella cheese, ranch mayonnaise, lettuce and tomato – 23,900 pesos.
- Chrysler – yogurt bread, 180 grams of beef grilled to order, Argentinian sausage, mozzarella cheese, chimichurri, zucchini, mayonnaise, lettuce, tomato and onions – 23,900 pesos.
- Ford – Sesame bread, beef, 180 grams of beef grilled to order, bacon, pineapple slice, Swiss cheese, corn mayonnaise, lettuce and tomato – 23,900 pesos.
- Pontiac – Parmesan and basil bread, breaded shrimp, onion rings, Pepper jack cheese, mayonnaise, lettuce and tomato – 25,700 pesos
- Ferrari – Parmesan and basil bread, 180 grams beef grilled to order, pepperoni, Swiss cheese, ranch mayonnaise, lettuce, tomato and onions – 26,900 pesos
- Firebird – Parmesan and basil bread, 180 grams beef grilled to order stuffed with cheese, mushrooms, fried leek, caramelized bacon and pesto of dried tomatoes – 27,900 pesos
- Testa Rossa – Parmesan and basil bread, 180 grams beef grilled to order, mixed sprouts, special lettuce mix and basil vinaigrette – 27,900 pesos
- Lincoln – Sesame bread, 180 grams beef grilled to order, cheese, sprout mixture, bacon, mix of dry fruits and bacon – 27,900 pesos
- Thunderbird – yogurt bread, double 180 grams beef grilled to order, American cheese, double bacon, cheddar cheese, mayonnaise, lettuce, tomato and onions– 27,900 pesos
- Monster Truck – Sesame bread, triple 180 grams beef grilled to order, American cheese, Swiss cheese, parmesan cheese, bacon, lettuce, tomato, onions, pickles and mayonnaise – 37,900 pesos
Furthermore, you can customize the ingredients on the burgers as well (additions or subtractions). And all the burgers at Classic Diner come with fries.
Also, they have a daily special burger from the above list that costs only 14,900 pesos.
The Rest of the Menu at Classic Diner
This is a gourmet burger restaurant. So, don’t go expecting to find much else on the menu.
In addition to the burgers they have BBQ ribs for 40,900 pesos, a steak for 39,900 pesos and two chicken dishes for 25,400 pesos and 28,600 pesos. And there are five hot dogs on the menu for 18,700 to 21,900 pesos.
Also, they have three salads available for 15,900 to 24,900 pesos. And there are chicken nuggets, mini-burgers and chicken wings for 20,900 pesos each.
In addition, there are eight appetizers on the menu include onion rings, cheese sticks, nachos and chicken fingers priced at 9,900 to 23,900 pesos. Finally, there are three desserts on the menu.
The Drink Menu at Classic Diner
In terms of drinks, Classic Diner has 11 beers on the menu for 6,200 to 10,900 pesos.
Also, there are 22 liquors on the menu for 84,500 to 212,900 pesos per bottle or 6,700 to 13,000 pesos per shot. And four types of sangrias are available for 68,900 to 80,900 pesos per pitcher.
In addition, the menu has several non-alcoholic drinks including waters, sodas, teas, juices and lemonades for 3,900 to 10,900 pesos. And they have milkshakes for 12,900 to 15,900 pesos.
How to Get to Classic Diner
Classic Diner is located in Envigado in a small gastronomic area known as Calle Jardín that is located near Calle de la Buena Mesa (Street of the Good Table), which has many restaurants. Calle Jardín and Calle de las Buena Mesa are located in barrio Jardines in Envigado.
Calle Jardín has six restaurants/bars plus a building for events. In addition, Envigado is a separate municipality in the Aburrá Valley, which is located directly south of El Poblado in Medellín.
One way to get there is via the Medellín Metro. And the restaurant is located about a 15-minute walk from the Ayurá metro station on Line A.
Also, many taxi or Uber drivers in Medellín will know where Calle de la Buena Mesa in Envigado is located but may not know about the Calle Jardín gastronomic area.
If not, give the driver the restaurant address below. And the Calle Jardín gastronomic area is a relatively short taxi ride from El Poblado, which will cost less than 10,000 pesos. In addition, it’s normally pretty easy to catch a taxi around this area due to many restaurants nearby.
Address: Carrera 43A # 29 Sur-47, Envigado
Phone: +57 4 403 9370
Hours: Monday to Thursday: noon to 11 pm, Friday and Saturday: noon to 1 am, Sunday: noon to 10 pm.
The Best Burger Places in Medellín
We have looked at 11 of the best burger places in Medellín and the Aburrá Valley:
- Chef Burger – a chain of 11 gourmet burger places in Medellín with very good American style burgers.
- La Pampa – a chain of six Argentinian steakhouses that specializes in steaks but also has some good burgers.
- Federal Ribs – a chain of five restaurants in Medellín, which specializes in BBQ ribs but also has some very good burgers.
- Barbacoa Burger & Beer – a chain of four gourmet burger restaurants in Medellín with good American style burgers.
- Grill Station Burger – a chain of four popular gourmet burger restaurants in Medellín with American style burgers, which use Brangus beef in their burgers.
- Monsieur Burger – a chain of two gourmet burger restaurants in the Medellín area with burgers that you customize with your favorite ingredients.
- Classic Diner – a restaurant in Envigado with a classic American diner feel and good burgers.
- Jack and Roll – a popular burger restaurant in Envigado with good burgers.
- La Burger Bar (The BGR Burger) – a popular burger restaurant in Envigado with good burgers.
- Medellín Burger Company – a burger restaurant Laureles with burgers that only uses Angus beef.
- Patrick’s Irish Pub – a large sports bar in Parque Lleras in El Poblado with good burgers.
In addition, we included Classic Diner in our list of the 13 best burger places in Medellín.
The Bottom Line – Classic Diner
Classic Diner is a rather unique restaurant in Medellín due to its classic American diner decor. Also, it has some good American-style gourmet burgers. So, it’s popular, particularly on the weekends.
Furthermore, all these gourmet style burger restaurants tend to have much better burgers than you will find at the fast food places in Medellín like Burger King or McDonalds.
Let us know in the comments – what are your favorite burger places in Medellín?
Sign up for the Free Medellin Guru Newsletter – You can see all of the previous Medellin Guru weekly email newsletters and sign up here.