Emiliano la Taqueria is a Mexican restaurant chain with two locations in Medellín, which has very good tacos but hasn’t been discovered by many expats.
Emiliano la Taqueria has two locations in Medellín in El Cento and in Belén. The El Centro location is small but is very popular due to having good tacos and inexpensive prices. So, there is normally a wait for a table during lunch at this location.
Note three of the above photos are courtesy of Emiliano la Taquiera.
The Food Menu
The specially at Emiliano la Taqueria is tacos. This place is like a small taco restaurant you would find in Mexico, which specializes in tacos.
There are nine taco options on the menu. For example, the taco al pastor is 4,000 pesos for one taco. And there are five taco dish options with three or four tacos for 11,900 to 15,900 pesos. For 15,900 pesos you get four different tacos. So, you can try the different tacos available.
In addition, there are five recommendations of the chef dishes for 10,900 to 16,900 pesos. For example, the chicken fajitas cost 16,900 pesos.
Also, there are four quesadilla dishes on the menu for 10,900 to 14,900 pesos. And there are several other Mexican dishes on the menu for 12,900 to 24,000 pesos. Plus, there are two appetizers on the menu (refried beans or guacamole with nacho chips) for 4,900 pesos.
Finally, there is a dessert on the menu priced at only 6,000 pesos.
The Drink Menu
Emiliano la Taqueria has a very small drink menu. There are four beers for 4,000 to 5,000 pesos.
Also, on the menu are non-alcoholic drinks including sodas and waters from 3,000 to 4,000 pesos.
How to Get to Emilino la Taquiria
Emilino la Taquiria has two locations in Medellín:
- El Centro: Calle 51 #48-9, Edifico la Bastilla
- Belén: Carrera 70 #135 near PriceSmart
The location in El Centro is about a five minute walk from the Parque Berrio metro station on Avenida La Playa.
If you are visiting El Centro to see some of the tourist spots such as Museo de Antioquia or Plaza Botero, Emilino la Taquiria would be a good place to get a taco lunch. I have eaten at the El Centro location several times after shopping in El Centro.
The location near PriceSmart is on the west side of Olaya Herrera Airport and is near Clínicas Las Américas.
Phone: +57 315.484.8798 (El Centro location)
Hours: opens at 11:30 am.
The Best Restaurants in El Centro in Medellín
We have looked a eight of the best restaurants in El Centro in Medellín:
- Hacienda– a popular chain of Colombian restaurants with six locations in Medellín including one in El Centro.
- Pizzeria Centro– a hidden gem pizzeria in El Centro with excellent thin-crust pizzas.
- Hato Viejo– a chain of Colombian restaurants with four locations in Medellín including one in El Centro.
- Lupita– a popular Peruvian restaurant with good Peruvian dishes.
- Astor– a large Swiss café that is very popular and famous for its cakes, pastries and chocolates.
- Versalles– a popular Argentinian restaurant in El Centro that is best known for its large empanadas.
- Palazzetto D’Italía– a hidden gem Italian restaurant in El Centro.
- Emiliano la Taqueria – a small but popular Mexican restaurant in El Centro with good tacos.
We included Emiliano la Taqueria in our list of the best restaurants in El Centro due to having very good tacos. We plan to look at more of the best restaurants located in El Centro in Medellín.
The Bottom Line: Emiliano la Taqueria: A Mexican Restaurant in Medellín with Good Tacos
Emiliano la Taqueria has some very good tacos. So, it’s popular with locals due to having good tacos and inexpensive prices. But you normally won’t see foreigners at this restaurant, as it hasn’t yet been discovered by foreigners.
We normally don’t cover small restaurants like this. But Emiliano la Taqueria is very popular with locals and has very good tacos.
Sign up for the Free Medellin Guru Newsletter – You can see all of the previous Medellin Guru weekly email newsletters and sign up here.