Della Nonna Trattoria is a popular chain of Italian restaurants in Medellín with some very good Italian food and attentive service.
After you’ve been in Colombia for a while and had your fill of rice, frijoles, patacones and chicharrón, there’s nothing like having some good Italian food. Della Nonna Trattoria is a classy chain of Italian restaurants with very good Italian food.
Furthermore, Della Nonna Trattoria is currently ranked the 10th best Italian restaurant out of over 180 Italian restaurants in Medellín listed on TripAdvisor in Medellín. But keep in mind that TripAdvisor can’t always be trusted for Medellín and in my opinion Della Nonna Trattoria should be ranked higher.
Note the above photos of food dishes at the restaurant are courtesy of Della Nonna Trattoria.
The Food Menu
Della Nonna Trattoria has a menu that is full of pasta dish choices, combination dishes, pizzas, salads, and much more, plus a wide array of appetizers.
There are several types of pasta dishes available on the menu including fettuccine, ravioli, spaghetti and penne. Also, you can substitute the pasta in each dish for a different pasta.
The pasta dishes range in price from 17,900 to 27,900 pesos. And you can add ingredients like chicken or shrimp to the pasta dishes for 7,900 to 29,000 pesos.
Also, there is three types of lasagna available for 24,900 and 29,900 pesos. And there are many meat, chicken and fish combination dishes on the menu that come with pasta or a salad with prices ranging from 29,900 to 52,900 pesos.
In addition, there are nine different pizzas on the menu that are priced at 19,900 to 33,900 for the small (4 slices) or 24,900 to 41,900 for the large (6 slices).
Also, there are 15 appetizers on the menu priced at 19,900 to 44,900 pesos and three soups for 9,900 to 14,900 pesos. Furthermore, there are several salads priced from 17,900 to 32,900 pesos.
Finally, there are four desserts on the menu that are priced from 10,900 to 15,900 pesos. I highly recommend their Volcan de Chocolate dessert.
The Drink Menu
Della Nonna Trattoria has a decent sized drink menu. They have six beer options on the menu with prices that range from 8,500 to 11,000 pesos. Also, there are several wines available plus house wines are available by the glass.
Also, there are seven liquors available by the bottle for 49,000 to 159,000 pesos. And there are 14 liquor options on the menu by the shot for 6,900 to 29,900 pesos per shot.
Nonalcoholic beverages include natural fruit juices and lemonades for 7,500 to 9,500 pesos. Also, they have bottled water, teas and sodas for 5,000 to 9,500 pesos. In addition, there are six coffee options on the menu for 3,200 and 7,900 pesos.
How to Get to Della Nonna Tratoria
Della Nonna Trattoria has two locations in Medellín and one in Llanogrande that is not far from the José María Córdova airport:
- El Pobaldo – Carrera 25 # 3-45, Mall Del Este, Local 193
- Laureles – Transversal 39B # 75-25
- Llanogrande – Mall Puerto Bulevar, Local 108A
Phone: +57 4 322 2090
Hours: Monday to Thursday: Noon to 10:00 pm, Friday and Saturday: Noon to 10:30 pm; Sunday: Noon to 9:00 pm.
Payment accepted: Cash and credit or debit cards.
The Best Italian Restaurants in Medellín and the Aburrá Valley
On the Medellin Guru website, we have looked at nine of the best Italian restaurants in Medellín and the Aburrá Valley:
- Romero Cocina Artesanal – a popular chain of four Italian restaurants in Medellín with good Italian food.
- Parmessano – a popular chain of 12 Italian restaurants in Medellín with some good Italian food.
- Pizzería Olivia – a chain of eight pizzerias in Medellín with great brick-oven cooked pizzas as well as very good Italian food.
- Della Nonna Tratoria – a popular chain of Italian restaurants with two locations in Medellín and one in Llanogrande.
- Il Castello – a popular Italian restaurant in El Poblado with good Italian food and they make their own pasta in a factory.
- Caduff Pasta Fresca – a popular Swiss-owned Italian restaurant in Laureles with good food.
- Palazzetto D’Italía – a hidden gem Italian restaurant in El Centro with good food.
- Dante – a popular Italian restaurant in El Poblado in the La Strada building with good food.
- Il Forno – a chain of 21 Italian restaurants in Medellín that has good Italian food.
Also, we included Della Nonna Tratoria in our list of the best Italian restaurants in Medellín.
The Bottom Line: Della Nonna Trattoria
I like Italian food and I have lived in Medellín for over eight years and have eaten at both Della Nonna Trattoria locations in Medellín several times. My Colombian wife really likes this restaurant chain.
In my experience, the staff is attentive and friendly and the food is very good. All the products at this restaurant are fresh and the dishes have the warmth of home-made food. So, this Italian restaurant chain is popular.
The bottom line is that Della Nonna Trattoria has some very good Italian food. And the restaurant chain has a nice ambiance and good service.
Sign up for the Free Medellin Guru Newsletter – You can see all of the previous Medellin Guru weekly email newsletters and sign up here.