Romero Cocina Artesanal is a popular chain of four Italian restaurants in Medellín with very good Italian food and a sizable menu of options.
Recently I met with a reader of the Medellin Guru website. We were in Laureles and decided to go to Romero for lunch. And we both really enjoyed the food at Romero. In addition, our total tab for two for lunch including two entrees, three drinks and a dessert plus tip was about 100,000 pesos (about $32 USD).
Furthermore, Romero is currently ranked the 15th best Italian restaurant out of over 180 Italian restaurants listed on TripAdvisor in Medellín. But TripAdvisor for Medellín can’t be trusted and in my opinion, Romero should be ranked much higher.
The Food Menu at Romero Cocina Artesanal
Romero has a fairly sizable menu with many appetizers, pastas, casseroles, pizzas, salads, house specials and desserts.
They have many different types of pasta dishes available on the menu including fettuccine, ravioli, spaghetti and tortellini. The pasta dishes range in price from 23,900 to 38,900 pesos. And you can order 11 different extras/side orders for prices ranging from 4,500 to 16,500 pesos.
Also, on the menu are six different casserole dishes that are priced from 16,900 to 39,000 pesos. These are house special dishes cooked in the restaurant’s stone oven and combined with ripened cheeses, spices and freshly made sauces. One of the casserole dishes is grilled octopus on a bed of potato au gratin for 39,000 pesos.
In addition, there are 20 different pizzas on the menu that range in price from 23,000 to 38,000 pesos.
Also, there are four mixed dishes on the menu with meats, salmon or chicken combined with pasta and vegetables with prices ranging from 30,900 to 34,900 pesos.
In addition, there are six appetizers on the menu priced at 24,900 to 36,900 pesos. Furthermore, there are five different salads prices at 26,900 to 33,000 pesos. And there are two different soups available for 12,000 pesos each.
Finally, there are six desserts on the menu priced at 12,000 to 15,900 pesos. The desserts are made on site at the moment they are ordered. And the Chocolate Cookie dessert is delicious and highly recommended.
The Drink Menu
Romero has a decent drink menu. They have 12 beer options on the menu with prices that range from 7,000 to 8,500 pesos. And there is a nice selection of wines available.
In addition, they have 25 different bottles of liquor available for 70,000 to 290,000 pesos per bottle or 5,500 to 17,500 pesos per shot. Also, there are several types of sangria available for 55,000 to 65,000 pesos per pitcher.
Nonalcoholic beverages include several natural fruit juices for 6,900 to 8,900 pesos. In addition, they also have tea, bottled water soda for 4,500 to 7,900 pesos. In addition, there are seven coffee options for 3,900 to 9,500 pesos.
How to Get to Romero Romero Cocina Artesanal
Romero Concina Artesanal is a popular chain of Italian restaurants in Medellín. So, it has grown over the past several years to four restaurant locations in the Medellín area.
The four Romano restaurant locations are listed below:
- El Poblado: Carrera 33 with Calle 10; Tel: +57 366 1409
- El Poblado: Centro Comerical Santafé, Carrera 43A # 7 Sur-170; Tel: +57 321 3758
- Laureles: Av. Nutibara #74B-17; Tel: +57 412 9905
- Envigado: Viva Envigado Mall, local 364, Carrera 48 # 32B Sur-139
The first listed location is about a 20-minute walk from the Poblado metro station on Line A. And the second location in Santafé mall is located about a 15-walk from the Aguacatala metro station on Line A.
In addition, the Laureles location is about a 20-minute walk from the Estadio metro station on Line B. The Viva Envigado mall is about a 5-minute walk from the Envigado metro station on Line A. And the Romano restaurant is on the third floor in this mall.
In addition, you could get to any of the four Romero restaurants via taxi. Just provide one of the restaurant addresses listed above.
Hours: Noon to 10:00 pm or 10:30 pm.
The Best Italian Restaurants in Medellín and the Aburrá Valley
On the Medellin Guru website, we have looked at nine of the best Italian restaurants in Medellín and the Aburrá Valley:
- Romero Cocina Artesanal – a popular chain of four Italian restaurants in Medellín with good Italian food.
- Parmessano – a popular chain of 12 Italian restaurants in Medellín with some good Italian food.
- Pizzería Olivia – a chain of eight pizzerias in Medellín with great brick-oven cooked pizzas as well as very good Italian food.
- Della Nonna Tratoria – a popular chain of Italian restaurants with two locations in Medellín and one in Llanogrande.
- Il Castello – a popular Italian restaurant in El Poblado with good Italian food and they make their own pasta in a factory.
- Caduff Pasta Fresca – a popular Swiss-owned Italian restaurant in Laureles with good food.
- Palazzetto D’Italía – a hidden gem Italian restaurant in El Centro with good food.
- Dante – a popular Italian restaurant in El Poblado in the La Strada building with good food.
- Il Forno – a chain of 21 Italian restaurants in Medellín that has good Italian food.
Also, we included Romero Cocina Artesanal in our list of the best Italian restaurants in Medellín.
The Bottom Line: Romero Cocina Artesanal
I like Italian food and I have lived in Medellín for over eight years. So, I’m surprised I hadn’t eaten at one of the Romero Concina Artesanal restaurants until recently.
Romero has some fresh and very good food with good presentation. And the restaurant is casual with a nice ambiance. So, I plan to return to try other things on the menu.
Finally, make sure to leave room for dessert, as the Chocolate Cookie dessert is amazing and I have heard the other desserts are also very good.
Sign up for the Free Medellin Guru Newsletter – You can see all of the previous Medellin Guru weekly email newsletters and sign up here.