Cambalache is an Argentinian steakhouse in the Patio Bonito barrio of El Poblado. It’s a popular steakhouse with a nice ambience and some good steaks.
In the United States, we’d call Cambalach a steakhouse, but here in Colombia and South America it’s known as a parilla, a restaurant where grilled meats are served.
A reader of Medellin Guru highly recommended Cambalach and I went recently to try out this steakhouse with a friend and we found it has very good Argentinian-style steaks.
This steakhouse is located in El Poblado within easy walking distance from the Poblado metro station. Note the above photos of steaks and burgers are courtesy of Cambalache.
The Food Menu
Cambalache has several options on the menu. Since it’s a steakhouse the specialties are dishes from the grill that include:
- Entrañita (skirt) steak – imported – market price
- Vacio (flank) steak – imported – market price
- Chorizo Argentinian (strip loin) steak – imported – market price
- Bife de chorizo (strip loin) steak – 38,900 pesos
- Churrasco steak – 38,900 pesos
- Corazón de cuadril (heard of rump) steak – 39,900 pesos
- Punta de anca (cap of rump) steak – 38,900 pesos
- Ojo de bife (rib eye) steak – 39,900 pesos
- Baby beef steak – 38,900 pesos
- Filet mignon steak – 38,900 pesos
- Surf and turf – 54,900 pesos
- BBQ pork ribs – 38,900 pesos
- Pork ribs marinated in beer and glazed on grill – 38,900 pesos
- Boston cut pork – 36,900 pesos
- Pork marinated in beer and glazed on grill – 36,900 pesos
In addition, each of the above dishes comes with a side salad and one additional side. Options for sides include onion rings, mashed potatoes, baked potato, sweet corn and several other potato side dishes. Also, you can add an additional side dish for 6,900 pesos.
In addition, there are three different poultry and fish dishes on the menu priced at 33,900 to 47,800 pesos Also, on the menu are 10 different appetizers, which are priced at 4,500 to 23,900 pesos. And there are seven other dishes on the menu including hamburgers, sandwiches and some Italian dishes.
Furthermore, there are three pasta dishes on the menu priced at 25,900 to 28,900 pesos. And there are three kid’s menu options priced at 14,900 to 16,900 pesos.
Finally, for dessert, there are five options on the menu priced at 13,900 pesos each.
The Drink Menu
Cambalache has a decent-sized drink menu. There are over 35 different wines on the menu priced at 55,000 to 310,000 pesos per bottle. And house wine is 12,000 pesos per cup. Also, there are five beers available for 5,000 to 9,000 pesos.
In addition, the menu includes several different liquors for 69,000 to 155,000 per bottle or 5,000 to 12,000 per shot. Also, there is sangria available for 64,000 pesos per pitcher.
Finally, there are several non-alcoholic drinks on the drink menu including natural juices, lemonade, sodas, waters and tea for 4,500 to 8,500 pesos each.
How to Get to Cambalache
Cambalache is located in El Poblado in the Patio Bonito barrio. And the nearest Medellín Metro station is the Poblado station on the A Line. And this restaurant is located about a six-minute walk from the Poblado metro station.
In addition, taxis are another option to get to this steakhouse, just provide the address below.
Address: Carerra 45 #6-55, El Pobaldo, Medellín
Telephone: +57 4 266 5265
Hours: 11 am to 10 pm.
Best Steakhouses in Medellín and the Aburrá Valley
Steakhouses are popular in Medellín and the Aburrá Valley. And on the Medellin Guru website we have looked at 12 of the best steakhouses in the area:
- Lucio Carbon y Vino – a popular steakhouse in Envigado with very good steaks.
- Barbaro Cocina Primitiva – a popular steakhouse with two restaurants in Medellín with good steaks.
- El Correo Carne y Vino y Amada – a steakhouse chain with three restaurants in Medellín.
- San Carbon – reportedly the largest steakhouse in Medellín.
- La Pampa – a chain with six Argentinian steakhouses in Medellín.
- Cambalanche – a popular Argentinian steakhouse in the Patio Bonito barrio of El Poblado.
- Malevo – a popular Argentinian steakhouse in the Manila barrio of El Poblado.
- Voraz Restaurante – a popular steakhouse in Laureles.
- Toro Restaurante – another popular steakhouse in Laureles.
- La tRES uno – a small steakhouse in Envigado with good steaks.
- Black Pepper Steakhouse – a popular steakhouse in Envigado.
- Mama Santa Parrillada – arguably the best steakhouse in Sabaneta.
In addition, we included Cambalanche in our list of the 12 best steakhouses in Medellín and the Aburrá Valley.
The Bottom Line: Cambalache
I am a big fan of Argentinian steak places, especially after eating at several Argentinian steak places in Buenos Aires, Argentina. Cambalache has some very good Argentinian-style steaks. So, it’s a popular steakhouse in Medellín, which some expats have discovered since it’s located in El Poblado.
The quality of the food and the service is very good in my experience. So, if you are looking for a good Argentinian-style steak, Cambalache is recommended. In addition, on Saturdays they have live Tango music.
Sign up for the Free Medellin Guru Newsletter – You can see all of the previous Medellin Guru weekly email newsletters and sign up here.
I really enjoy these reviews