Black Pepper Steakhouse is a steakhouse located in Envigado on Calle de la Buena Mesa that is popular with locals and some foreigners. This restaurant has a nice ambience and some good steaks.
Service has usually been excellent in my experience and the atmosphere feels intimate. So, it’s a good place to go with a date at night or for a business lunch.
Note, the above photo is a New York steak at Black Pepper, which is courtesy of Black Pepper Steakhouse.
My Experiences at Black Pepper Steakhouse
I have eaten at Black Pepper numerous times over the past few years. And I have tried many things on the menu including several of the steaks, the pork tenderloin, the crusted salmon, the St. Louis ribs and the surf and turf.
In my experience, everything I have tried was well-prepared to order and the food has been consistently good. And they sometimes have live music at night.
Recently I went to Black Pepper for lunch with a friend. He had the St. Louis ribs and they were very meaty and he said they were very tasty and tender. And I had the pork tenderloin that was also very good. The cost for the two of us including tip was 83,000 pesos.
The Food Menu at Black Pepper Steakhouse
Black Pepper Steakhouse has many options on the menu. Since it’s a steakhouse the specialties are dishes from the grill that include:
- Beef tenderloin – 35,500 pesos
- New York steak – 35,900 pesos
- New York steak (imported Angus Beef) – 54,900 pesos
- Porter House (imported Angus Beef) – 125,000 pesos
- Tri Tip – 36,900 pesos
- Iron steak – 32,500 pesos
- Rib eye steak – 36,900 pesos
- Pork tenderloin – 25,900 pesos
- St. Louis Style ribs – 34,900 pesos (400 grams) or 85,900 pesos (1,200 grams)
- Pork top sirloin – 36,900 pesos
- Pork chops – 27,500 pesos
- Crusted chicken – 25,900 pesos
- Surf and turf – 45,500 pesos
- Tuna steak – 29,500 pesos
- Crusted salmon – 36,900 pesos
Also, there are three combo platters on the menu for 45,000 to 60,000 pesos. In addition, Black Pepper has four burgers priced from 22,500 to 25,900 pesos. And there are four sandwiches priced from 20,500 to 25,000 pesos on the menu.
Furthermore, there are five soups on the menu, which are 9,500 pesos each. And three salads are on the menu ranging in price from 16,500 to 33,500 pesos.
On the kid menu are two options: grilled chicken with fries or two mini-burgers with fries for 16,000 pesos each.
For dessert, there are a number of options on the menu including Crème brûlée, key lime pie, pecan pie, brownie with ice cream, carrot cake and several other options for 9,500 pesos each.
The Drink Menu at Black Pepper Steakhouse
On the drink menu, the restaurant has 12 different beers that range in price from 6,500 to 12,500 pesos.
In addition, there are 16 different wines on the menu that range in price from 55,000 to 90,000 pesos for a bottle. Half-bottles are available for seven of the wines with prices ranging from 33,000 to 56,000 pesos. And a glass of house wine costs 12,000 pesos.
Also, on the drink menu are 12 different cocktails ranging in price from 15,000 to 28,500 pesos. The cocktails include margaritas, martinis, mojitos and several others.
And there are 19 different liquors on the drink menu available by bottle ranging in price from 80,000 to 295,000 pesos or by shot ranging in price from 5,000 to 15,500 pesos. The menu also has pitcher of sangrias for 65,000 pesos.
For non-alcoholic drinks they have several juices and lemonades for 7,000 to 8,000 pesos. They also have bottled water, coffees, sodas, teas and a malted drink on the menu with prices ranging from 5,000 to 9,500 pesos.
How to Get to Black Pepper Steakhouse
Black Pepper Steakhouse is located in Envigado in an area known as Calle de la Buena Mesa (Street of the Good Table), which has many restaurants. Envigado is a separate municipality in the Aburrá Valley, which is located directly south of El Poblado in Medellín.
One way to get there is via the Medellín Metro. And the restaurant is located about a 15-minute walk from the Ayurá metro station on Line A.
Also, many taxi or Uber drivers in Medellín will know where Calle de la Buena Mesa in Envigado is located. If not, give the driver the restaurant address below. And Calle de la Buena Mesa is a relatively short taxi ride from El Poblado, which will cost less than 10,000 pesos.
In addition, it’s normally pretty easy to catch a taxi around the Calle de la Buena Mesa area.
Address: Carrera 44A # 30 Sur-7, Envigado
Phone: +57 4 444 7602
Hours: Noon to 12:30 am.
Best Steakhouses in Medellín and the Aburrá Valley
Steakhouses are popular in Medellín and the Aburrá Valley. And on the Medellin Guru website we have looked at 11 of the best steakhouses in the area:
- Lucio Carbon y Vino – a popular steakhouse in Envigado with very good steaks.
- Barbaro Cocina Primitiva – a popular steakhouse with two restaurants in Medellín with good steaks.
- El Correo Carne y Vino y Amada – a steakhouse chain with three restaurants in Medellín.
- San Carbon – reportedly the largest steakhouse in Medellín.
- La Pampa – a chain with six Argentinian steakhouses in Medellín.
- Cambalanche – a popular Argentinian steakhouse in the Patio Bonito barrio of El Poblado.
- Malevo – a popular Argentinian steakhouse in the Manila barrio of El Poblado.
- Voraz Restaurante – a popular steakhouse in Laureles.
- Toro Restaurante – another popular steakhouse in Laureles.
- Black Pepper Steakhouse – a popular steakhouse in Envigado.
- Mama Santa Parrillada – arguably the best steakhouse in Sabaneta.
In addition, we included Black Pepper Steakhouse in our list of the 11 best steakhouses in Medellín and the Aburrá Valley.
The Bottom Line: Black Pepper Steakhouse
Black Pepper Steakhouse is a popular steakhouse in Envigado with some good steaks in my experience. So, it can get busy on the weekends. But they take reservations, which we recommend on the weekends or holidays.
If you are looking for a good steak with a nice atmosphere in Envigado, Black Pepper Steakhouse is recommended.
Sign up for the Free Medellin Guru Newsletter – You can see all of the previous Medellin Guru weekly email newsletters and sign up here.