Voraz Restaurante is a steakhouse located in Laureles in Medellín. It’s a popular steakhouse with a nice ambience and some good steaks and desserts.
In the United States, we’d call Voraz a steakhouse, but here in Colombia and South America it’s known as a parilla, a restaurant where grilled meats are served.
A reader of Medellin Guru highly recommended Voraz and I went recently to try out this steakhouse. I went with another reader of the Medellin Guru site and we found that this steakhouse has very good steaks.
This steakhouse is located in Laureles near the second park of Laureles. Note the above photo is the imported ribeye steak with grilled vegetables.
The Food Menu
Voraz has several options on the menu. Since it’s a steakhouse the specialties are dishes from the grill that include:
- New York steak – imported – 44,000 pesos
- Ribeye steak – imported – 43,900 pesos
- Entrañita (skirt) steak – imported – 58,900 pesos
- Porterhouse steak for two people – imported – 93,900 pesos
- Chorizo steak – 38,900 pesos
- Baby beef steak – 38,900 pesos
- Baby beef steak, small portion – 32,900 pesos
- Punta de Anca – 36,900 pesos
- Malevo steak – 39,900 pesos
- Entrecote steak – 36,900 pesos
- Chicken breast – 28,900 pesos
- Salmon – 39,900 pesos
- Tuna – 32,900 pesos
- BBQ pork ribs – 37,900 pesos
- Pork chops – 36,000 pesos
In addition, each of the above dishes comes with one side. Options for sides include house salad, grilled vegetables, risotto, pasta, yuca puree, potato cookies, potato spirals and French fries. And you can add an additional side for 8,900 pesos.
Also, on the menu are several dishes that are met to be shared as appetizers or meals, which are priced at 12,900 to 49,900 pesos. And this include a good jumbo shrimp dish for 49,900 pesos.
Furthermore, there are three salads on the menu priced at 27,900 to 29,900 pesos.
Finally, for dessert, there are four options on the menu priced at 13,900 pesos. I really liked the cannelloni dessert, which are cannellonis that are stuffed with cheesecake and covered with your choice of arequipe and caramel or with grape sauce.
The Drink Menu
Voraz has a decent-sized drink menu. There are over 35 different wines on the menu priced at 51,000 to 240,000 pesos per bottle. And house wine is 14,900 pesos per cup. Also, there are several beers available.
In addition, the menu includes over 20 different liquors for 54,900 to 104,900 per bottle or 5,900 to 18,900 per shot.
Finally, there are several non-alcoholic drinks on the drink menu including natural juices, lemonades, sodas, waters and coffees for 2,900 to 7,900 pesos each.
How to Get to Voraz Restaurante
Voraz Restaurante is located in Laureles near the second park of Laureles (Segunda Parque de Laureles). And the nearest Medellín Metro station is the Estadio station on the B Line. Also, this restaurant is located about 1.5 km from the Estadio metro station (about a 20-minute walk).
This steakhouse is located on the second floor of the building it’s located in. So, be looking for stairs with a Voraz sign above.
In addition, taxis are another option to get to this steakhouse, just provide the address below.
Address: Transversal 39B # Circular 74B-41, Laureles, Medellín
Telephone: +57 4 412 0037
Hours: Noon to 10:30 pm.
Best Steakhouses in Medellín and the Aburrá Valley
Steakhouses are popular in Medellín and the Aburrá Valley. And on the Medellin Guru website we have looked at 12 of the best steakhouses in the area:
- Lucio Carbon y Vino – a popular steakhouse in Envigado with very good steaks.
- Barbaro Cocina Primitiva – a popular steakhouse with two restaurants in Medellín with good steaks.
- El Correo Carne y Vino y Amada – a steakhouse chain with three restaurants in Medellín.
- San Carbon – reportedly the largest steakhouse in Medellín.
- La Pampa – a chain with six Argentinian steakhouses in Medellín.
- Cambalanche – a popular Argentinian steakhouse in the Patio Bonito barrio of El Poblado.
- Malevo – a popular Argentinian steakhouse in the Manila barrio of El Poblado.
- Voraz Restaurante – a popular steakhouse in Laureles.
- Toro Restaurante – another popular steakhouse in Laureles.
- La tRES uno – a small steakhouse in Envigado with good steaks.
- Black Pepper Steakhouse – a popular steakhouse in Envigado.
- Mama Santa Parrillada – arguably the best steakhouse in Sabaneta.
In addition, we included Voraz Restaurante in our list of the 12 best steakhouses in Medellín and the Aburrá Valley.
The Bottom Line: Voraz Restaurante
I am a big fan of good steakhouses and Voraz Restaurante has some good steaks. So, this is a popular steakhouse in Medellín, which some expats have discovered since it’s located in Laureles.
The quality of the food and the service is very good in my experience. Also, this restaurant has a nice ambiance. So, if you are looking for a good steak, Voraz is recommended.
Sign up for the Free Medellin Guru Newsletter – You can see all of the previous Medellin Guru weekly email newsletters and sign up here.
Barbaro has a second location in ElPoblado just off Calle 10a and cra 37
The Barbaro website http://barbarococinaprimitiva.com/ doesn’t have that second location in El Poblado listed but confirmed and added the second location to the article about Barbaro – https://medellinguru.com/barbaro-cocina-primitiva/
Thanks Voraz looks like a place with good steaks that I need to try out.