La tRES uno is a small steakhouse located in Envigado in Calle de la Buena Mesa that is popular with locals and some foreigners and it has some good steaks.
In the United States, we’d call La tRES uno a steakhouse, but here in Colombia and South America it’s known as a parilla, a restaurant where grilled meats are served.
A friend lives near this steakhouse and highly recommended it. So, I went with my friend recently for lunch and returned for dinner the following week with another friend. Service was excellent both times and the steaks were perfectly cooked and very good.
In addition, La tRES uno is currently second-highest rated steakhouse in Envigado on TripAdvisor.
The Food Menu
La tRES uno has several options on the menu. Since it’s a steakhouse the specialties are dishes from the grill that include:
- Entrañita (skirt) steak (imported Angus Beef) – 45,900 pesos
- Punta de anca (cap of rump) steak – 35,900 pesos
- Baby beef, 350 grams – 34,900 pesos
- Baby beef, 250 grams – 26,900 pesos
- T-bone steak – 35,900 pesos
- Filet Mignon – 35,900 pesos
- Churrasco steak, 350 grams – 34,900 pesos
- Churrasco steak, 250 grams – 25,900 pesos
- Chateau steak – 35,900 pesos
- Entrecote steak – 34,900 pesos
- Chorizo (strip loin) steak – 34,900 pesos
- Pork chop – 30,900 pesos
- BBQ pork ribs, 500 grams – 36,900 pesos
- Chicken filet – 25,900 pesos
- La tRES uno chicken – 28,900 pesos
- Grilled salmon – 36,900 pesos
All of the dishes with beef, pork, chicken and salmon at this restaurant come with a choice of two sides. Available sides include corn-on-the-cob, baked potato, French fries, rustic fries, side salad and grilled pineapple. Extra sides cost 4,900 pesos each.
In addition, there are five appetizers on the menu priced from 12,900 to 20,900 pesos. Also, there are three salads on the menu for 22,900 to 27,900 pesos. And La tRES uno has four burgers priced from 18,900 to 23,900 pesos.
Finally, for dessert there are three desserts on the menu for 10,900 pesos each.
The Drink Menu
On the drink menu, the restaurant has several beers that range in price from 5,900 to 8,900 pesos.
In addition, there are 16 different wines on the menu that range in price from 54,000 to 89,900 pesos for a bottle. And half-bottles are available for three of the wines with prices ranging from 34,900 to 36,900 pesos. And a glass of house wine costs 14,900 pesos.
And there are three liquors on the drink menu available by half-bottle ranging in price from 44,000 to 65,000 pesos or by shot ranging in price from 5,000 to 6,000 pesos. The menu also has a pitcher of sangria for 65,900 pesos.
For non-alcoholic drinks they have several natural juices and lemonades for 6,900 to 7,900 pesos. They also have bottled water, sodas and teas on the menu with prices ranging from 3,900 to 8,900 pesos.
How to Get to La tRES uno
La tRES uno is located in Envigado in an area known as Calle de la Buena Mesa (Street of the Good Table), which has many restaurants. Envigado is a separate municipality in the Aburrá Valley, which is located directly south of El Poblado in Medellín.
One way to get there is via the Medellín Metro. And the restaurant is located about a 15-minute walk from the Ayurá metro station on Line A.
Also, many taxi drivers in Medellín will know where Calle de la Buena Mesa in Envigado is located. If not, give the driver the restaurant address below. And Calle de la Buena Mesa is located a relatively short taxi ride from El Poblado, which will cost about 10,000 pesos.
In addition, it’s normally pretty easy to catch a taxi around the Calle de la Buena Mesa area.
Address: Calle 31 Sur # 44A-22, Envigado
Phone: +57 4 302 4071
Hours: Monday to Thursday: Noon to 9:30 pm, Friday and Saturday: Noon to 10:30 pm, Sunday: Noon to 3:30 pm, Monday and holidays: closed.
Best Steakhouses in Medellín and the Aburrá Valley
Steakhouses are popular in Medellín and the Aburrá Valley. And on the Medellin Guru website we have looked at 12 of the best steakhouses in the area:
- Lucio Carbon y Vino – a popular steakhouse in Envigado with very good steaks.
- Barbaro Cocina Primitiva – a popular steakhouse with two restaurants in Medellín with good steaks.
- El Correo Carne y Vino y Amada – a steakhouse chain with three restaurants in Medellín.
- San Carbon – reportedly the largest steakhouse in Medellín.
- La Pampa – a chain with six Argentinian steakhouses in Medellín.
- Cambalanche – a popular Argentinian steakhouse in the Patio Bonito barrio of El Poblado.
- Malevo – a popular Argentinian steakhouse in the Manila barrio of El Poblado.
- Voraz Restaurante – a popular steakhouse in Laureles.
- Toro Restaurante – another popular steakhouse in Laureles.
- La tRES uno – a small steakhouse in Envigado with good steaks.
- Black Pepper Steakhouse – a popular steakhouse in Envigado.
- Mama Santa Parrillada – arguably the best steakhouse in Sabaneta.
In addition, we included La tRES uno in our list of the 12 best steakhouses in Medellín and the Aburrá Valley.
The Bottom Line: La tRES uno
La tRES uno is a small and popular steakhouse in Envigado with some good steaks in my experience. This steakhouse can get busy and fills up on the weekends according to my friend who lives nearby, as it only has about 10 tables. But you can make reservations.
There are three steakhouses near each other in Calle de la Buena Mesa with good steaks. La tRES uno competes with Lucio Carbon y Vino and Black Pepper Steakhouse, which are both nearby.
La tRES uno is the smallest of these three steakhouses and has a cozy atmosphere, good service and very good steaks.
Sign up for the Free Medellin Guru Newsletter – You can see all of the previous Medellin Guru weekly email newsletters and sign up here.
Nice post, I tried out La tRES uno on Saturday for the first time based on this post. I agree they have very good steaks.