Lucio Carbon y Vino is a steakhouse located in Envigado on Calle de la Buena Mesa that is very popular with locals and some foreigners. This restaurant has a very nice ambience and some good steaks.
In the United States, we’d call Lucio a steakhouse, but here in Colombia and South America it’s known as a parilla, a restaurant where grilled meats are served.
Lucio Carbon y Vino is so popular that it’s currently the highest rated steakhouse in Envigado on TripAdviser.
Lucio typically caters to a more sophisticated clientele. And service has usually been excellent in my experience plus the atmosphere feels intimate. So, it’s a good place to go with a date at night or for a business lunch.
Note the above photo is the Angus ribeye steak at Lucio Carbon y Vino.
My Experiences at Lucio Carbon y Vino
I have eaten at Lucio Carbon y Vino several times over the past few years. And I have tried many things on the menu including several of the steaks, the ribs and the salmon.
In my experience, everything I have tried at Lucio was well-prepared and the food has been consistently good.
Recently I went to Lucio Carbon y Vino for lunch with a Medellin Guru reader. He had the Baby beef steak, which he said it was cooked perfectly. And I had the salmon that was also very good. The cost for the two of us including tip was 110,000 pesos ($38 USD).
The Food Menu at Lucio Carbon y Vino
Lucio Carbon y Vino has many options on the menu. Since it’s a steakhouse the specialties are dishes from the grill that include:
- Beef de chorizo – 40,800 pesos
- Solomito Sterling – 40,800 pesos
- Churrasco – 40,800 pesos
- Small churrasco – 36,000 pesos
- Baby beef – 40,800 pesos
- Small baby beef – 36,000 pesos
- Medallions of beef – 40,800 pesos
- Punta de Anca – 60,000 pesos
- Ribeye steak (Angus beef imported) – 75,000 pesos
- Skirt steak (Angus beef imported) – 65,000 pesos
- Pork ribs (imported) – 51,000 pesos
- Medallions of pork medallions – 36,000 pesos
- Pork chops – 35,800 pesos
- Chicken breast – 36,000 pesos
- Surf and turf – 45,500 pesos
- Fish of the day – 40,800 pesos
- Salmon – 45,000 pesos
Each of the above dishes comes with one side: rustic fries, mashed potatoes, vegetables or house salad.
Also, there are two sandwiches on the menu for 26,500 or 30,500 pesos. In addition, Lucio has a burger with cheese priced at 26,500 pesos. And there is a combo meat platter with beef, pork and chicken for two people for 68,900 pesos.
Furthermore, there are five salads are on the menu ranging in price from 20,000 to 58,000 pesos. And there is a house soup for 16,000 pesos.
Also, there are 17 different appetizers on the menu priced from 12,000 to 22,000 pesos each. My favorite is the Argentinian sausage.
For dessert, there are three options on the menu including a bowl of ice cream, chocolate volcano and apple crumble for 7,000 to 12,960 pesos each.
The Drink Menu at Lucio Carbon y Vino
On the drink menu at Lucio Carbon y Vino, there are over 60 different wines on the menu that range in price from 45,000 to 320,000 pesos for a bottle. And a glass of house wine costs 12,000 pesos.
In addition, the restaurant has nine different beers that range in price from 5,500 to 8,500 pesos.
Also, on the drink menu are eight different cocktails ranging in price from 16,000 to 20,000 pesos. The cocktails include margaritas, martinis, mojitos and several others.
And there are 16 different liquors on the drink menu available by bottle ranging in price from 65,000 to 280,000 pesos or by shot ranging in price from 5,000 to 15,500 pesos. The menu also has pitcher of sangria for 68,000 pesos or half-pitcher for 50,000 pesos.
For non-alcoholic drinks they have several juices and lemonades for 6,000 to 8,000 pesos. They also have bottled water, coffees, sodas, teas and a tonic water on the menu with prices ranging from 3,800 to 8,500 pesos.
How to Get to Lucio Carbon y Vino
Lucio Carbon y Vino is located in Envigado in an area known as Calle de la Buena Mesa (Street of the Good Table), which has many restaurants. Calle de la Buena Mesa is located in barrio Jardines in Envigado.
Envigado is a separate municipality in the Aburrá Valley, which is located directly south of El Poblado in Medellín.
One way to get there is via the Medellín Metro. And the restaurant is located about a 15-minute walk from the Ayurá metro station on Line A.
Also, many taxi or Uber drivers in Medellín will know where Calle de la Buena Mesa in Envigado is located. If not, give the driver the restaurant address below. And Calle de la Buena Mesa is a relatively short taxi ride from El Poblado, which will cost less than 10,000 pesos.
In addition, it’s normally pretty easy to catch a taxi around the Calle de la Buena Mesa area.
Address: Carrera 44A # 30 Sur-40, Envigado
Phone: +57 300 613 0546
Hours: Noon to midnight.
Best Steakhouses in Medellín and the Aburrá Valley
Steakhouses are popular in Medellín and the Aburrá Valley. And on the Medellin Guru website we have looked at 11 of the best steakhouses in the area:
- Lucio Carbon y Vino – a popular steakhouse in Envigado with very good steaks.
- Barbaro Cocina Primitiva – a popular steakhouse with two restaurants in Medellín with good steaks.
- El Correo Carne y Vino y Amada – a steakhouse chain with three restaurants in Medellín.
- San Carbon – reportedly the largest steakhouse in Medellín.
- La Pampa – a chain with six Argentinian steakhouses in Medellín.
- Cambalanche – a popular Argentinian steakhouse in the Patio Bonito barrio of El Poblado.
- Malevo – a popular Argentinian steakhouse in the Manila barrio of El Poblado.
- Voraz Restaurante – a popular steakhouse in Laureles.
- Toro Restaurante – another popular steakhouse in Laureles.
- Black Pepper Steakhouse – a popular steakhouse in Envigado.
- Mama Santa Parrillada – arguably the best steakhouse in Sabaneta.
In addition, we included Lucio Carbon y Vino in our list of the 11 best steakhouses in Medellín and the Aburrá Valley.
The Bottom Line: Lucio Carbon y Vino
Lucio Carbon y Vino is one of my favorite steakhouses in the Medellín area. It’s a popular steakhouse in Envigado with some good steaks in my experience. So, it can get busy on the weekends. But they take reservations, which we recommend on the weekends or holidays.
If you are looking for a good steak with a nice atmosphere in Envigado, Lucio Carbon y Vino is recommended.
Sign up for the Free Medellin Guru Newsletter – You can see all of the previous Medellin Guru weekly email newsletters and sign up here.