On July 20, 2017, the Medellin Guru website was launched, with a goal to provide up-to-date articles about Medellín and Colombia to help expats by covering the best places and best things to do, along with useful travel tips, living tips and experienced expat tips while also offering amazing photos. In this article we look at the 19 most shared articles on the Medellin Guru site that were popular articles with readers.
In less than 11 months, Medellin Guru has already published nearly 200 articles with over 2,400 photos. In addition, we have achieved nearly 500,000 unique visitors on this new website in less than a year.
We also published articles from 11 different authors during this time. And you can see all of Medellin Guru’s authors listed here.
Furthermore, we added over 11,500 followers on Facebook. And with so many followers on Facebook, many of our articles have been shared hundreds or even thousands of times.
Medellin Guru’s Most Shared Articles – Popular Articles with Readers
So, we thought it’s time to provide a list of our 19 most shared articles on the Medellin Guru website. These most shared articles are some of our most popular articles with readers.
The following 19 articles have been shared a total of over 42,000 times with a total over over 350,000 page-views. And each of these 19 popular articles have been shared at least 1,100 times.
1. Parque Sabaneta: The Nicest Park in the Medellín Metro Area – 3,900 shares
Parque Sabaneta is arguably the nicest park in the Medellín metro area. And it’s worth visiting particularly during the Christmas season.
This article about the popular park in Sabaneta is the most shared article on the Medellin Guru website.
2. Shopping at Justo y Bueno in Medellín to Save on Groceries – 3,700 shares
Justo y Bueno is a chain of small grocery stores in Colombia. It is possible to save over 30 percent on your grocery bill by shopping at Justo y Bueno.
3. Iglesia Jesús Nazareno: A Beautiful Church in Medellín – 3,600 shares
Iglesia Jesús Nazareno (Jesus of Nazareth Church) is one of the most beautiful churches in Medellín. It’s not in any English-language guide books but it’s worth seeing.
4. Alumbrados 2017: A Guide to Medellín’s Christmas Lights – 3,500 shares
Alumbrados Navideños 2017: we provided a guide to Medellín’s world-class Christmas lights that for the 3rd year in a row wasn’t along the river year.
5. 5 Popular Sports Bars in Medellín to Watch the Super Bowl – 3,300 shares
We look at 5 popular sports bars in Medellín, which are good places to watch major sporting events like the Super Bowl, World Cup, World Series or NBA finals.
6. Nuestra Señora del Rosario: A Beautiful Church in Bello – 3,200 shares
Nuestra Señora del Rosario is arguably the most beautiful church in the Medellín metro area. It’s located in Bello and is definitely worth seeing.
7. Shopping at Tiendas D1 to Save Substantially on Groceries – 2,900 shares
Tiendas D1 is a chain of over 500 small grocery stores in Colombia. It is possible to save over 30 percent on your grocery bill by shopping at Tiendas D1.
8. Top 14 Churches in Medellín: The Beautiful Churches in Medellín – 2,800 shares
Medellín and the Aburrá Valley area have many beautiful Catholic churches. We look at the top 14 churches in Medellín and the Aburrá Valley, which are worth seeing.
9. Why Medellín? 27 Reasons I Chose to Live in Medellín – 2,700 shares
Why Medellín? After traveling to over 40 countries, Jeff provides 27 reasons he ending up choosing Medellín as a great place to live.
10. Las Lajas Sanctuary: The Most Beautiful Church in Colombia – 2,500 shares
Las Lajas Sanctuary is considered the most beautiful church in Colombia. It’s also considered by many to be one of the most beautiful churches in the world.
11. Mercado Del Rio: Medellín’s Trendy Gastronomic Market – 1,800 shares
Mercado Del Rio is a large and popular gastronomic market in Medellín with a huge collection of nearly 50 trendy restaurants in a sizable warehouse space.
12. Alumbrados 2017: Medellín’s World-Class Christmas Lights – 1,800 shares
See our photos of Medellín’s Alumbrados 2017, the world-class Christmas lights display in Medellín last year. For the 3rd year in a row the route wasn’t along the river in Medellín.
13. 11 Downsides to Living in Medellín: An Expat Perspective – 1,600 shares
Medellín has a reputation as a good place to live with a good climate and low cost of living. But there are still downsides to living in Medellín, we look at 11 downsides.
14. Medellín Metro Guide: Updated Guide with New 2018 Fares – 1,600 shares
In January 2018, Medellín increased metro system fares. So, we provided an up-to-date Medellín Metro guide with tips for using the metro in Medellín.
15. Desfile de Silleteros 2017: Feria de las Flores in Medellín – 1,500 shares
We shared 2017 photos of the world-famous Desfile de Silleteros (flower parade) in Medellín. 2017 was the 60th year of this parade.
16. Colonial Jardín: A Tranquil Escape from Medellin – 1,400 shares
Colonial Jardín is a tranquil get-away from Medellin that boosts breathtaking mountain views and less tourists than the popular pueblo of Guatapé.
17. Medellin vs Pereira vs Bucaramanga: 3 Cities of Eternal Spring – 1,200 shares
Medellín vs Pereira vs Bucaramanga, all 3 are cities of eternal spring in Colombia but which is best to live in. We compare the cities in 14 categories.
18. Medellín vs Bogotá: Which is the Better City to Live In? – 1,200 shares
Medellín vs Bogotá. We compare the two largest cities in Colombia in 17 categories to see which is the better city to live in for expats.
19. Medellín Dating Tips: Up-to-Date Advice for Foreign Men – 1,100 shares
You are a foreigner guy and you’d like to meet some Medellín women? We have 11 Medellín dating tips to increase your chances to make a good impression.
The Bottom Line: 19 Most Shared Articles on Medellin Guru
Thanks to our many readers for sharing our articles!
These 19 widely shared articles have helped the Medellin Guru website quickly become the most popular English-language blog about Colombia in terms of Facebook likes and followers.
Note that we previously provided a list of the top Colombia blogs by expats.
Sign up for the Free Medellin Guru Newsletter – You can see all of the previous Medellin Guru weekly email newsletters and sign up here.