Moving to a city in a foreign country is complicated. We offer personalized expat consultation services via the phone or in-person to help make your relocation to Medellín successful.Over the past 23 months, we have helped over 350 Medellin Guru readers with our expat consultation service.
We answer all your questions about visas, renting apartments, neighborhoods, health insurance, investments and buying property and many other topics. Many of our latest questions have been about coronavirus and all the restrictions Colombia is putting in place.
Many Medellin Guru readers asked for such a service and ways to talk with and meet with Jeff, the founder of Medellin Guru.
By getting to know you and your family, we can recommend which areas to consider for finding a home in Medellín based on your needs and tastes and also provide advice for your relocation or vacation.
Our expat consultation service is provided by Jeff, the founder of the Medellin Guru blog.
Jeff is well-qualified to provide expat consultation services:
- Is an expat originally from the U.S. and has lived in Medellín for over eight years in five different neighborhoods.
- Is married to a Colombian with a child.
- Runs the most popular blog out of the English language blogs in Colombia, Medellin Guru, with over 100,000 visitors per month.
- Before the pandemic, hosted the monthly Medellin Guru Meetups in Medellín, the largest events for foreigners in Medellín, which averaged 175 attendees for each of our 14 events.
- Has helped thousands of foreigners over the past several years by answering questions on the Medellin Guru website and on Facebook groups.
- Has expert resource partners to help answer questions, including a visa agency, health insurance broker and real estate agency. Also, has other experts identified for legal issues, healthcare and other topics. In addition, Jeff can make referrals to over 100 contacts.
Relocation Services from Medellin Guru
Medellin Guru has been rolling out several relocation services to help foreigners relocate to Medellín.
We now offer an expat consultation service that can help you get your questions answered before you arrive or when you first arrive.
In addition, we partnered to offer visa, health insurance, real estate and Spanish school services to foreigners to help with relocation:
- Visa services with Expatgroup.co
- Insurance services with Angela Berrio – including health, homeowners, car and life insurance as well as travel insurance
- Sign up for SURA EPS insurance – a new service from Angela Berrio to help with signing up for SURA EPS
- Real estate services with RE/MAX Coffee Realty
- Spanish Classes from OLSA International
With our services we helped over 1,120 clients with visas, insurance, expat consultations, real estate services and Spanish classes in 31 months.
These partnerships are affiliate relationships (like the Amazon affiliate program). If you use these partner services, Medellin Guru receives a small commission and you support the website. This is at no additional cost to you. The price remains the same, whether you use a button or affiliate link on this website or not.
We have additional relocation services in-work, which we plan to roll-out in early 2020.
When I moved to Medellín over eight years ago there was little help available for foreigners. And our goal with our relocation services is to make it easier for foreigners to move to Medellín.
Use Medellin Guru’s Expat Consultation Services
Over the past 21 months we have helped over 350 Medellin Guru readers with our expat consultation service.
Our expat consultation service is provided via Skype call or in-person meetings in Medellín, with the following options:
- 30-minute Skype call – $25 USD
- 1-hour Skype call – $35 USD
- 1.5-hour in-person meeting in Sabaneta for up to 3 people – $65 USD
- 1.5 hour in-person meeting in El Poblado or Envigado for up to 3 people – $ 75 USD
Note that payment for these consultation services is accomplished on the Medellin Guru website using the secure credit card services of Stripe when you schedule a call or in-person meeting.
It is easy to schedule a call or in-person meeting below – click on one of the four photos below, which will bring up a calendar and secure way to pay online:
The Bottom Line: Expat Consultation: Medellin Guru Offers Expat Consultation Service
Expat consultation is a service offered by Medellin Guru via Skype call or in-person meeting to help make your relocation to Medellín successful. We have helped over 350 Medellin Guru readers and average 12-15 calls or in-person expat consultations per month.
This is part of Medellin Guru’s relocation services we are rolling out, which have helped over 1,120 Medellin Guru readers. We currently offer visa services, insurance services, real estate services and Spanish classes through recommended affiliate partners.
We are considering rolling out additional relocation services this year. Moving to a city in a foreign country is complicated and our goal is to make this easier for foreigners for Medellín.
Sign up for the Free Medellin Guru Newsletter – You can see all of the previous Medellin Guru weekly email newsletters and sign up here.
Editors note: updated on October 21, 2021 with current client counts.