Orale! is a popular Mexican restaurant in Medellín with good Mexican food. Also, this restaurant is Mexican-owned. So, this restaurant has some authentic traditional Mexican dishes on the menu.
Orale! has reportedly been in business for about 15 years. It’s located in Laureles and is popular with locals.
This restaurant is a hidden gem, as it’s not located directly on LA 70 (Setenta) and is on a side street. However, some expats in the Medellín area have discovered this Mexican restaurant due to it having some good Mexican food.
I have a friend living near to this restaurant and I have eaten at this Mexican restaurant many times. So far in my experience, everything I have tried at this restaurant was well-prepared and the food has been good.
Note the above photo is some of the colorful insides at Orale! Restaurant.
The Food Menu
Orale! is a Mexican restaurant with many traditional Mexican food options on the menu including:
- 8 types of quesadilla dishes for 17,000 to 18,000 pesos each
- 6 types of burritos for 15,000 to 19,000 pesos each
- 7 different types of tacos sold by the taco for 4,000 to 6,000 pesos each
- 6 types of alambres for 18,000 to 19,000 pesos each
Also, on the menu are 12 specialty dishes including chimichangas, enchiladas, flautas and tortilla soup for 8,000 to 18,000 pesos each.
Furthermore, you can add 14 different additions to your dish for 2,000 to 4,000 pesos each. Additions include nachos, corn tortillas, beans, sour cream, guacamole, bacon, cheese, pico de gallo, pork, beef or chicken.
In addition, the restaurant has seven different appetizers on the menu for 8,000 to 25,000 pesos. The 25,000-peso appetizer is a huge nachos dish with nachos, cheddar cheese, bacon, refried beans, pico de gallo, guacamole, sour cream and jalapeños.
Finally, there are a couple of desserts available for 6,000 pesos each.
The Drink Menu
Orale! has a relatively small drink menu. There are 10 beers on the menu for 5,000 to 9,000 pesos. The imported beers on the menu include Corona, Tecate, Sol and Heineken.
Also, there are 12 different cocktails for 10,000 to 50,000 pesos each. The 50,000-peso cocktail is for a huge house margarita. In addition, there are some liquor shots available for 4,000 to 8,000 pesos. And a bottle of tequila is 80,000 pesos and a half-bottle of aguardiente is 30,000 pesos.
Finally, for non-alcoholic drinks they have waters, sodas, teas, juices and lemonades for 4,000 to 7,000 pesos.
How to Get to Orale!
Orale! is located in Laureles off of LA 70 (Setenta). The easiest way to get there is via the Medellín metro. Orale! is located about a 12-minute walk from the Estadio metro station on Line B.
But you can also take a taxi from the metro station to this Mexican restaurant, which will be a minimum fare of 5,600 pesos.
Also, you could travel via taxi to the restaurant from your location in the metro area. Just provide the taxi driver the address below.
Address: Calle 41A #70-138, Laureles, Medellín
Phone: +57 317 639 8717
Hours: Sunday to Thursday: noon to 9:30 pm, Friday and Saturday: noon to 11:00 pm.
The Best Mexican Restaurants in Medellín and the Aburrá Valley
On the Medellin Guru website, we have looked at nine of the best Mexican restaurants in Medellín and the Aburrá Valley:
- Delirio Exquisito – a popular Mexican-Asian fusion restaurant in Medellín with some very good and creative food.
- El Sombrero – a Mexican-owned restaurant located in Sabaneta that has good and authentic Mexican food.
- Guadalupe – a hidden gem Mexican restaurant chain with two locations in Bello and one in Medellín with good Mexican food.
- Agua Fresca – a new Mexican restaurant in El Poblado, with a Mexican chef.
- El Guero – a chain of three Mexican restaurants in Medellín with good food.
- Tepito Tacos y Tequila – a popular Mexican restaurant in Envigado with good Mexican food.
- La Bronca – a popular restaurant/bar in El Poblado with good Mexican food.
- Milagros – a popular chain of six Mexican restaurants in Medellín with good food.
- Orale! – a Mexican-owned restaurant in Medellín with authentic Mexican food.
Also, we included Orale! in our list of the best Mexican restaurants in Medellín.
The Bottom Line: Orale! – Authentic Mexican Food in Laureles in Medellín
Since it’s Mexican-owned, Orale! has some good Mexican food with some authentic Mexican dishes on the menu. In my experience, authentic Mexican food is difficult to find in the Medellin metro area.
Also, I am from Texas and have visited Mexico many times. And I like good and authentic Mexican food. So, this restaurant is one of my favorite Mexican restaurants in the Medellín metro area.
El Sombrero is another Mexican-owned restaurant located in Sabaneta that has good and authentic Mexican food. And Delirio Exquisito is a popular Mexican-Oriental fusion restaurant in Medellín with some very good and creative food.
Sign up for the Free Medellin Guru Newsletter – You can see all of the previous Medellin Guru weekly email newsletters and sign up here.