Mi Pico E Gallo is a Mexican restaurant in Medellín that has been open for about 25 years. It has very good Mexican food including tacos and burritos.
This restaurant is located in El Poblado and it was opened about 25 years ago by a Mexican but the restaurant is now owned by a Colombian carrying on preparing Mexican food in this restaurant, which was started by a Mexican. The restaurant has two floors. The first floor has the kitchen and a few tables with more tables on the second floor.
I am from Texas and I like Mexican food but had not discovered this restaurant until I went to it with a Colombian friend recently. I found this restaurant has some good Mexican food, which I enjoyed and the restaurant has some hot sauces, which I like.
The Food Menu
Mi Pico E Gallo is a Mexican restaurant with several traditional Mexican food options on the menu including:
- 5 different types of tacos (5 tacos per order) for 25,000 to 26,000 pesos (you can add a taco for 7,000 pesos)
- 9 types of quesadilla dishes for 17,000 and 24,000 pesos
- 7 types of burritos for 18,000 and 23,000 pesos (these are huge burritos)
- 7 types of nachos dishes for 15,000 and 28,000 pesos
- 2 different flautas dishes (5 flautas per order) for 23,000 pesos.
Also, there are four appetizers (two tacos – two types, two flautas or small nachos) for 10,000 to 15,000 pesos.
Also, there are several sauces available including some good spicy sauces. And additional guacamole costs 4,000 pesos.
The Drink Menu
Mi Pico E Gallo has a relatively small drink menu. Since this is a Mexican restaurant they have three types of margaritas on the menu for 14,000 pesos.
Also, there are Mexican beers available for 7,000 pesos and three types of Colombian beers for 6,000 pesos.
Finally, for non-alcoholic drinks they have water, tea, sodas and natural juices (in water or milk) priced from 3,000 to 7,000 pesos.
How to Get to Mi Pico E Gallo
Mi Pico E Gallo is located in El Poblado in Medellín near to Parque Lleras. The restaurant is located less than a block from one of the main streets in El Poblado – Calle 10.
The nearest Medellín Metro station is the Poblado station on the A Line. And this restaurant is about a 15-minute walk uphill from the Poblado metro station.
Taxis are another option to get to this Mexican restaurant. Every taxi driver in Medellín will know where Parque Lleras is located. And this restaurant is located only a few blocks from Parque Lleras.
Address: Carrera 41 # 10-19, El Poblado, Medellín
Phone: +57 301 474 0297
Hours: Sunday to Thursday: Noon to 9:00 pm; Friday and Saturday: Noon to 10 pm.
The Best Mexican Restaurants in Medellín and the Aburrá Valley
On the Medellin Guru website, we have looked at 10 of the best Mexican restaurants in Medellín and the Aburrá Valley:
- Delirio Exquisito– a popular Mexican-Asian fusion restaurant in Medellín with some very good and creative food.
- El Sombrero– a Mexican-owned restaurant located in Sabaneta that has good and authentic Mexican food.
- Guadalupe– a hidden gem Mexican restaurant chain with two locations in Bello and one in Medellín with good Mexican food.
- Agua Fresca– a new Mexican restaurant in El Poblado, with a Mexican chef.
- El Guero– a chain of three Mexican restaurants in Medellín with good food.
- Poblanos– a new Mexican restaurant in El Poblado with good Tex-Mex food.
- Mi Pico E Gallo – a popular Mexican restaurant in El Poblado that has been in business about 25 years.
- La Bronca– a popular restaurant/bar in El Poblado with good Mexican food.
- Milagros– a popular chain of six Mexican restaurants in Medellín with good food.
- Orale!– a Mexican-owned restaurant in Medellín with authentic Mexican food.
Also, we included Mi Pico E Gallo in our list of the best Mexican restaurants in Medellín.
The Bottom Line: Mi Pico E Gallo – A Mexican Restaurant in Medellin With Good Food
Mi Pico E Gallo has been open for about 25 years according to one of the staff I talked to. I like Mexican food so I am surprised I had not found this restaurant until I went with a Colombian friend who recommend it and said it had good food.
I was pleasantly surprised, as it has some authentic Mexican food and good hot sauces. The bottom line is that this restaurant has good Mexican food. And it’s located not very far from Parque Lleras.
I have been on a quest to find the best Mexican restaurants in Medellín. And I have tried well over 25 Mexican restaurants and written about 10 of the best I have found.
Sign up for the Free Medellin Guru Newsletter – You can see all of the previous Medellin Guru weekly email newsletters and sign up here.