Idol Burger is a chain of two restaurants in the Medellín area with very good gourmet style burgers, with locations in Laureles and Envigado.
A Medellin Guru reader recommended this restaurant and I went recently with him and was impressed with the food.
Idol Burger has a big selection of burgers and many of the bugers are named after celebrities (idols), which is where the restaurant name comes from. Also, this restaurant only use Angus-certified beef for its burgers. Note two of the above photos are courtesy of Idol Burger.
The Food Menu
There is a total of 27 burgers on the menu at Idol Burger priced from 13,900 to 24,900 pesos. Many of these burgers have the names of celebrities.
For example, the Chris Cornell burger comes with 150 grams of Angus beef, American cheese, Philadelphia cheese, bacon cooked in Jack Daniel’s Honey BBQ sauce, lettuce, tomato and onions for 23,900 pesos.
Each burger comes with a choice of French fries or rustic fries. Also, there are 14 additions to burgers that you can add, which from 400 to 8,900 pesos. For example, a second Angus beef patty is 8,900 pesos.
In addition, there are ribs on the menu cooked with either Jack Daniel’s or Jägermeister BBQ sauce for 29,900 pesos. Also, there is a steak dish for 24,500 pesos, pork dish for 20,900 pesos or chicken dish for 19,900 pesos.
Furthermore, there are nine appetizers on the menu for 6,000 to 20,000 pesos. And there are two desserts on the menu for 8,900 pesos each.
The Drink Menu
Idol Burger has a relatively small drink menu. There are five beer options on the menu for 4,900 to 6,900 pesos.
Also, there are several non-alcoholic drinks on the menu including teas, sodas, water and lemonades for 3,900 to 7,500 pesos.
How to Get to Idol Burger
Idol Burger has two locations in Laureles and Envigado.
- Laureles: Circular 75 # 39B-21, not far from the Primer Parque in Laurelesr
- Envigado: 34a Sur # 33-64
The location in Laureles is a minimum fare taxi of 5,600 pesos from the Estadio metro station. Also, you could walk, it’s about a 15-minute walk from the metro station.
In addition, any taxi driver in the city will be able to take you either location, just provide an address above.
The Best Burger Places in Medellín
We have looked at 11 of the best burger places in Medellín and the Aburrá Valley:
- Chef Burger– a chain of 11 gourmet burger places in Medellín with very good American style burgers.
- La Pampa– a chain of five Argentinian steakhouses that specializes in steaks but also has some good burgers.
- Barbacoa Burger & Beer– a chain of four gourmet burger restaurants in Medellín with good American style burgers.
- Grill Station Burger– a chain of four popular gourmet burger restaurants in Medellín with American style burgers, which use Brangus beef in their burgers.
- Pigasus– a chain of four restaurants in Medellín with very good burgers and specializes in pork including chicharrón.
- Idol Burger – a chain of two restaurants in the Medellín area with very gourmet-style burgers..
- Hello Burgers & Beer– a gourmet burger restaurant in El Poblado with burgers you can customize with your favorite ingredients.
- Classic Diner– a restaurant in Envigado with a classic American diner feel and good burgers.
- Jack and Roll– a popular burger restaurant in Envigado with good burgers.
- Medellín Burger Company– a burger restaurant Laureles with burgers that only uses Angus beef.
- Patrick’s Irish Pub– a large sports bar in Parque Lleras in El Poblado with good burgers.
In addition, we included Idol Burger in our list of the best burger places in Medellín.
The Bottom Line: Idol Burgers – A Chain of Restaurants in Medellín with Good Burgers
Idol Burgers has some very good gourmet style burgers. Also, Idol Burger does deliveries. So, you can order from home during curfews.
If you like gourmet-style burgers with Angus beef, we recommend this restaurant.
Sign up for the Free Medellin Guru Newsletter – You can see all of the previous Medellin Guru weekly email newsletters and sign up here..