Medellin Guru uses a partial subscription model with premium content locked for paying subscribers. We now have two ways to access this locked content.
A handful of patrons each week over the past month have been reporting problems accessing locked content on Medellin Guru.
We have fixed this with changes to how we handle premium locked content. You can now access premium content directly on Patreon without going to the Medellin Guru website.
Patron-Only Premium Content on Medellin Guru
Starting in January 2020, Medellin Guru starting moving to a partial subscription model. Now well over 100 articles (over 20 percent of the content) on Medellin Guru is now locked and accessible only to Patreon subscribers.
Over the next two months, we plan that 30 percent of the over 560 articles on Medellin Guru will be locked for Patreon subscribers.
Medellin Guru Premium Content Access Issue Are Solved
A handful of patrons each week for the past month have been reporting problems accessing locked premium content on Medellin Guru. The most common issue has been a loop with Patreon security while trying to access content on Medellin Guru.
We have fixed this with changes to how we handle premium locked content.
We are sorry for anyone having access issues. We worked with a Patreon developer last week, who was unable to duplicate the problem and verified that everything on the Medellin Guru website is configured correctly.
Since the developer was unable to find the problem that appears to impacting several Medellin Guru patrons, we made changes for how we handle locked premium content on Medellin Guru and now provide an alternative method of access.
We are Publishing Premium Content Articles in FULL on Patreon.
In 33 days up to October 24, we already published 24 premium content articles on Patreon in FULL.
Popular Premium Articles About Visiting and Moving to Colombia
- Guide to Choosing a City in Colombia to Live in Colombia
- How to be an Expat in Colombia? 12 Tips to be a Successful Expat
- 14 Top Mistakes Tourists Make When Visiting Colombia
- Guide to Saving Money in Medellín: 17 Tips to Save Money
- Tourism is Permitted in Colombia – What are the Rules?
- Will the Quarantine Return to Colombia? What if Cases Increase?
- Investing: Risks of Investing in Real Estate in Colombia
Choosing a Foreign Retirement Location and Comparing Cities
- 12 Reasons Why Medellín is a Top Foreign Retirement Location
- Why the Retirement Publications Get Medellín and Colombia Wrong
- Medellín vs Cuenca: Which is the Better City to Live In?
- Medellin vs Panama City, Which is the Better City to Live in?
- Medellin vs Costa Rica, Which is the Better Place to Live?
- Medellín vs Lima Peru: Which is the Better City to Live in?
- Medellín vs Puerto Vallarta, Mexico: Which is the Better Place to Live?
- Medellín vs Mexico City: Which is the Better City to Live In?
- Medellin vs Mazatlán, Mexico: Which is the Better Place to Live?
- Medellín vs Algarve: Which is the Better Place to Live?
- Medellín vs Rio de Janeiro: Which is the Better City to Live In?
- Medellín vs Buenos Aires, Argentina: Which is the Better Place to Live?
Choosing a Neighborhood in Medellín
- 5 Best Neighborhoods in Medellín: A Guide to Choosing a Neighborhood
- El Poblado vs Laureles: Which is the Better Neighborhood to Live in?
- El Poblado vs Envigado: Which is the Better Neighborhood to Live in?
- El Poblado vs Sabaneta: Which is the Better Neighborhood to Live in?
- El Poblado vs Belén: Which is the Better Neighborhood to Live in?
If you are a Medellin Guru patron subscriber, you can access these articles in full on Patreon without going to the Medellin Guru website.
We now plan to publish any new premium locked articles and updated locked articles in full on the Patreon website. So, you can now think of Patreon as the new home for Medellin Guru’s premium content.
Accessing premium content on Medellin Guru is somewhat cumbersome with Patreon security. So, you can now access content directly on Patreon after logging in once.
Over the next two months we plan to migrate all premium locked articles on Medellin Guru to Patreon. In addition, while we migrate these older articles, we are making updates to the content so it will be current.
The Patreon access issue may be fixed soon, but we still plan to migrate all our locked content to Patreon.
So, to access premium content on Medellin Guru please go to: https://www.patreon.com/medellinguru
Unlocked Most Popular Premium Content
In addition, we temporarily unlocked nine of the post popular premium content articles on Medellin Guru, So, Patreon subscribers can access these articles while we transition them to Patreon:
- Colombia’s Quarantine Ended on September 1: What Happens Next?
- Tourism Impact of Coronavirus: Colombia Starts to Reactivate Tourism
- Economy Impacts in Colombia Due to Extended Quarantine
- Medellín vs Bogotá: Which is the Better City to Live In?
- Medellín vs Santiago, Chile: Which is the Better City to Live In?
- Medellín vs Fortaleza, Brazil: Which is the Better City to Live In?
- Medellín vs Chiang Mai: Which is the Beter City to Live in?
- Medellín, Colombia – Why it’s the Perfect Place for Me
- Women Entrepreneurs of Medellín: A Group Empowering Women
If you need access to other locked articles on Medellin Guru, please contact us. We will ensure that subscribers have access to the premium content on Medellin Guru.
Tips to Access to Locked Articles on Medellín Guru
Medellin Guru Needs the Help of Readers
Medellin Guru needs the help of readers to remain ad free. For over three years, the Medellin Guru website have been ad free with no sponsors or advertisements. Medellin Guru has been on Patreon since January 2020, which permits subscriptions to our premium content to support the site.
Medellin Guru is now the most popular English language blog in Colombia. However, the success of Medellin Guru has resulted in dramatically increased costs.
- Over 90,000 visitors to the website monthly for the past year, which is up 50 percent compared to the prior year.
- Over 7,600 email subscribers.
We do not receive a single cent for the free weekly Medellin Guru email newsletter we send to thousands of subscribers every week.
In addition, we are working hard to keep the content on Medellin Guru up-to-date. In a period of 90 weeks until October 22, 2020, we updated a total of 1,134 articles. Things change all the time in Colombia, particularly due to coronavirus.
Coronavirus in Colombia Hit Medellin Guru
Coronavirus in Colombia hit Medellin Guru hard. We now have much more to cover and update with constant changes due to coronavirus. But no tourists came to Colombia for over five months due to the quarantine and international flights being restricted.
So, we are receiving less commissions from our partnerships for visas, real estate sales, apartment rentals and insurance. We now depend much more on reader contributions for Medellin Guru to survive.
Readers please help support Medellin Guru for as little as $2 per month and get access to our premium content. Support us at the level you can!
By asking for help from our readers to remain ad free, we already have over 480 subscribers (patrons). Thanks everyone!
Medellin Guru Annual Subscriptions – Now Offering a Discount!
Medellin Guru now offers annual subscriptions on Patreon for access to our premium content.
You can now choose to pay for Patreon on an annual basis instead of monthly. It’s a great way to show your support of Medellin Guru. And in return you’ll get a discount of 10 percent when you do.
In addition to reducing transaction fees, you’ll help us create quality content faster and reduce the chance your credit card declines in the future.
The Bottom Line: Update on Premium Content on Medellin Guru – New Access Method
We are sorry about any patrons that experienced access issues to the premium content on Medellin Guru.
This problem is now solved with premium content being available in full on Patreon. Think of Patreon as the new home for Medellin Guru premium content.
Medellin Guru has been a labor of love since it was launched in July 2017. But as the Medellin Guru site has become more and more time-consuming and popular, we are asking for a little help from all our friends and readers to keep Medellin Guru going.
In addition, don’t forget we now offer annual subscriptions to our readers in addition to monthly. Medellin Guru readers asked for this so we now offer annual subscriptions. Also we are offering a 10 percent discount on our annual subscriptions for a limited time.
Sign up for the Free Medellin Guru Newsletter – You can see all of the previous Medellin Guru weekly email newsletters and sign up here.