Medellin Guru uses a partial subscription model with premium content locked for paying subscribers. Starting in January 2020, Medellin Guru starting moving to a partial subscription model.
Now many articles on Medellin Guru are now locked and accessible only to Patreon subscribers on Patreon. Get access to 77 of our best articles by subscribing. We already have over 860 subscribers (patrons). Thanks everyone!
Currently about 10 percent of the articles on Medellin Guru are locked for subscribers. Over the next three months, we plan that about 20 percent of the over 600+ articles on Medellin Guru will be locked for Patreon subscribers and available on Patreon.
Readers please help support Medellin Guru for as little as $3 per month and get access to our premium content. Support us at the level you can! And for a limited time save 15 percent by subscribing annually.
We are Publishing Premium Content Articles in FULL on Patreon.
We already published 77 premium content articles on Patreon in FULL.
Popular Premium Articles About Visiting and Moving to Colombia
- How to be an Expat in Colombia? 12 Tips to be a Successful Expat
- 14 Top Mistakes Tourists Make When Visiting Colombia
- Guide to Saving Money in Medellín: 17 Tips to Save Money
- 12 Downsides of Owning a Car in Medellín: Why Expats Don’t Have Cars
- Tourism Impact of Coronavirus: Colombia Starts to Reactivate Tourism
- Tourism is Permitted in Colombia – What are the Rules?
- 8 Reasons Why Colombia is Unlikely to Return to a Quarantine
- Will the Quarantine Return to Colombia? What if Cases Increase?
Renting Unfurnished Apartments and Casas (Houses)
- Apartment Rental Guide: Renting Unfurnished Apartments in Medellín
- Guide to Finding Unfurnished Apartments and Casas in Medellín
- Apartment vs Case (Houses) in Medellín: Pros and Cons
- Rent vs Buy: Downsides of Renting and Buying Property in Medellín
- Guide to Overcoming the Fiador Requirement in Colombia
Buying, Selling and Investing in Real Estate
- Medellín Real Estate: 2021 Property Buyer’s Guide for Foreigners
- Mistakes Foreigners Make When Buying Real Estate in Colombia
- 13 Things Real Estate Agents in Colombia May Not Tell You
- New Apartment Prices in Medellín: Costs to Buy – 2021 Update
- Investing: Risks of Investing in Real Estate in Colombia
- Selling Real Estate in Colombia: A Guide to Selling for Foreigners
- 9 Risks of Investing in Short-Term Rental Real Estate in Colombia
- Rent vs Buy: Downsides of Renting and Buying Property in Medellín
Choosing a Neighborhood in Medellín
- 5 Best Neighborhoods in Medellín: A Guide to Choosing a Neighborhood
- What are the Safest Neighborhoods in Medellín and the Aburrá Valley?
- 8 Downsides of El Poblado: Living in Medellín’s Expensive Neighborhood
- Pros and Cons of El Poblado: A Popular Neighborhood for Expats in Medellín
- Pros and Cons of Envigado: A Popular Neighborhood for Expats Near Medellín
- Pros and Cons of Laureles: A Popular Neighborhood for Expats in Medellín
- Pros and Cons of Sabaneta: A Popular Town for Expats Near Medellín
- Pros and Cons of Belén: A Medellín Neighborhood Becoming Increasing Popular
- Pros and Cons of El Centro: A Medellín Neighborhood Discovered by Some Expats
- Pros and Cons of Buenos Aires: A Hidden Gem Neighborhood in Medellín
- El Poblado vs Laureles: Which is the Better Neighborhood to Live in?
- El Poblado vs Envigado: Which is the Better Neighborhood to Live in?
- El Poblado vs Sabaneta: Which is the Better Neighborhood to Live in?
- El Poblado vs Belén: Which is the Better Neighborhood to Live in?
- The Ultimate Guide to El Poblado for Expats Living in El Poblado
- The Ultimate Guide to Laureles for Expats Living in Laureles
- The Ultimate Guide to Envigado for Expats Living in Envigado
- The Ultimate Guide to Sabaneta for Expats Living in Sabaneta
- The Ultimate Guide to Belén for Expats Living in Belén in Medellín
Choosing a City in Colombia to Live in
- Guide to Choosing a City in Colombia to Live in Colombia
- 12 Downsides to Living in Bogotá: An Expat Perspective – 2021 Update
- 11 Downsides to Living in Medellín: An Expat Perspective – 2021 Update
- 11 Downsides to Living in Cartagena: An Expat Perspective – 2021 Update
- 11 Downsides to Living in Cali, Colombia: Expat Perspective – 2021 Update
- 12 Downsides to Living in Santa Marta: Expat Perspective – 2021 Update
- 13 Downsides to Living in Manizales: An Expat Perspective – 2021 Update
- Medellin vs Pereira vs Bucaramanga: 3 Cities of Eternal Spring
- Pereira vs Manizales vs Armenia: 3 Cities in Colombia’s Coffee Triangle
- Medellín vs Bogotá: Which is the Better City to Live in?
- Medellín vs Cartagena: Which is the Better City to Live In?
- Medellín vs Cali: Which is the Better City to Live in?
- Medellín vs Barranquilla: Which is the Better City to Live In?
- Medellín vs Santa Marta: Which is the Better City to Live?
- Medellín vs Manizales: Which is the Better City to Live in?
- Medellín vs Pereira? Which is the Better City to Live in?
- Cartagena vs Santa Marta: Which is the Better City to Live in?
- Medellín vs Armenia: Which is the Better City to Live In?
- Medellín vs Popayán: Which is the Better City to Live in?
Choosing a Foreign Retirement Location and Comparing Cities
- Why Expats Move to Medellín From Other Countries in Latin America
- 12 Reasons Why Medellín is a Top Foreign Retirement Location
- Why the Retirement Publications Get Medellín and Colombia Wrong
- Medellín vs Cuenca: Which is the Better City to Live In?
- Medellin vs Panama City, Which is the Better City to Live in?
- Medellin vs Costa Rica, Which is the Better Place to Live?
- Medellin vs Belize, Which is the Better Place to Live?
- Medellín vs Algarve: Which is the Better Place to Live?
- Medellín vs Chiang Mai, Thailand: Which is the Better City to Live In?
- Medellín vs Lima Peru: Which is the Better City to Live in?
- Medellín vs Puerto Vallarta, Mexico: Which is the Better Place to Live?
- Medellín vs Mexico City: Which is the Better City to Live In?
- Medellin vs Mazatlán, Mexico: Which is the Better Place to Live?
- Medellín vs Rio de Janeiro: Which is the Better City to Live In?
- Medellín vs Fortaleza, Brazil: Which is the Better City to Live In?
- Medellín vs Buenos Aires, Argentina: Which is the Better Place to Live?
- Medellín vs Santiago, Chile: Which is the Better City to Live In?
- Medellín vs Valletta, Malta: Which is the Better Place to Live in?
If you are a Medellin Guru patron subscriber, you can access these articles in full on Patreon without going to the Medellin Guru website.
We now plan to publish any new premium locked articles and updated locked articles in full on the Patreon website. So, you can now think of Patreon as the new home for Medellin Guru’s premium content.
Accessing premium content on Medellin Guru is somewhat cumbersome with Patreon security. So, you can now access content directly on Patreon after logging in once.
So, to access premium content on Medellin Guru please go to: https://www.patreon.com/medellinguru
Unlocked Most Popular Premium Content
In addition, we temporarily unlocked four of the most popular premium content articles on Medellin Guru, So, Patreon subscribers can access these articles while we transition them to Patreon:
- Colombia’s Quarantine Ended on September 1: What Happens Next?
- Economy Impacts in Colombia Due to Extended Quarantine
- Medellín, Colombia – Why it’s the Perfect Place for Me
- Women Entrepreneurs of Medellín: A Group Empowering Women
If you need access to other locked articles on Medellin Guru, please contact us. We will ensure that subscribers have access to the premium content on Medellin Guru.
Medellin Guru Premium Content Access Issue Are Solved
A handful of patrons each week since late September have been reporting problems accessing locked premium content on Medellin Guru. The most common issue has been a loop with Patreon security while trying to access content on Medellin Guru.
We fixed this in Octoberwith changes to how we handle premium locked content.
We are sorry for anyone who had access issues. We worked with a Patreon developer for a week, who was unable to duplicate the problem and verified that everything on the Medellin Guru website is configured correctly.
Since the developer was unable to find the problem that was impacting several Medellin Guru patrons, we made changes for how we handle locked premium content on Medellin Guru and now provide an alternative method of access that works for everyone with premium content on Patreon.
Tips to Access to Locked Articles on Medellín Guru
Medellin Guru Needs the Help of Readers
Medellin Guru needs the help of readers to remain ad free. For over three years, the Medellin Guru website have been ad free with no sponsors or advertisements. Medellin Guru has been on Patreon since January 2020, which permits subscriptions to our premium content to support the site.
Medellin Guru is now the most popular English language blog in Colombia. However, the success of Medellin Guru has resulted in dramatically increased costs.
- Over 90,000 visitors to the website monthly for the past year, which is up 50 percent compared to the prior year.
- Over 7,800 email subscribers.
We do not receive a single cent for the free weekly Medellin Guru email newsletter we send to thousands of subscribers every week.
In addition, we are working hard to keep the content on Medellin Guru up-to-date. In a period of 102 weeks until February 28, 2020, we updated a total of 1,510 articles. Things change all the time in Colombia, particularly due to coronavirus.
Medellin Guru Sponsors
Medellin Guru now has sponsors. We currently have eight sponsors:
Medellin Guru Sponsor Danny Rusteen, or dannybooboo, is a location-independent digital nomad having lived in 50+ cities exclusively sleeping in Airbnbs (1,000+ nights) while remotely managing Airbnb properties and helping Airbnb hosts to be successful.
- Daniel Rusteen with his dannybooboo blog and has another website to help Airbnb hosts make more money – OptimizeMyBnb.
- Darrell and Diana Reamer
- David Williams
- Mary Johnson
Coronavirus in Colombia Hit Medellin Guru
Coronavirus in Colombia hit Medellin Guru hard. We now have much more to cover and update with constant changes due to coronavirus. But no tourists came to Colombia for over five months due to the quarantine and international flights being restricted.
So, we are receiving less commissions from our partnerships for visas, real estate sales, apartment rentals and insurance. We now depend much more on reader contributions for Medellin Guru to survive.
Readers please help support Medellin Guru for as little as $3 per month and get access to our premium content. Support us at the level you can!
By asking for help from our readers to remain ad free, we already have over 850 subscribers (patrons). Thanks everyone!
Medellin Guru Annual Subscriptions – Now Offering a Discount! Save 15 Percent!
Medellin Guru also offers annual subscriptions on Patreon for access to our premium content.
You can now choose to pay for Patreon on an annual basis instead of monthly. It’s a great way to show your support of Medellin Guru. And in return you’ll get a discount of 15 percent when you do for a limited time until the end of April. In addition to reducing transaction fees, you’ll help us create quality content faster and reduce the chance your credit card declines in the future.
The Bottom Line: Update on Premium Content on Medellin Guru – New Access Method
Medellin Guru has been a labor of love since it was launched in July 2017. But as the Medellin Guru site has become more and more time-consuming and popular, we are asking for a little help from all our friends and readers to keep Medellin Guru going.
In addition, don’t forget we now offer annual subscriptions to our readers in addition to monthly. Medellin Guru readers asked for this so we now offer annual subscriptions. Also, we are offering a 15 percent discount on our annual subscriptions for a limited time until April 22, 2021.
We are sorry about any patrons that experienced access issues to the premium content on Medellin Guru. This problem is now solved with premium content being available in full on Patreon. Think of Patreon as the new home for Medellin Guru premium content.
Sign up for the Free Medellin Guru Newsletter – You can see all of the previous Medellin Guru weekly email newsletters and sign up here.