Medellin Guru has partnered with VICO to offer furnished rentals including studio apartments and shared housing in Medellín to readers of Medellin Guru. VICO offers over 800 furnished rooms in shared housing units and studio apartments available for rent at reasonable prices in neighborhoods popular with foreigners.
Many Medellin Guru readers have asked about where to find inexpensive furnished apartment rooms and studio apartments for rent. So, we partnered with VICO to offer furnished rooms and furnished studio apartments or rent to readers.
Medellin Guru reviewed all the furnished rental options for furnished rooms and furnished studio apartments to find a partner that meets the high requirements of Medellin Guru readers:
- VICO has over 800 furnished rooms in shared housing and furnished studio apartments for rent.
- VICO has many photos of each property so you can see exactly what you are renting
- With VICO shared housing you can see who your roommates will be with a name and nationality.
- VICO has inexpensive pricing – you can find room rentals with prices as low as 500,000 pesos ($140 USD) per month and average about 800,000 pesos ($224 USD) per month.
- VICO was founded by foreigners, two Germans founded the company in 2018. So, the company knows the demanding requirements of foreigners.
- Each home is visited and verified personally by the VICO team.
- VICO has furnished properties available in both Medellín and Bogotá.
History of VICO
VICO was founded in 2018 by entrepreneurs Manuel Franz and Tilman Burfeind who are both German exchange students that fell in love with the city of Medellin.
Manuel and Tilman arrived at Universidad Pontificia Bolivariana (UPB) for an exchange program through the German Latin American Administration Career – CALA, a program taught between UPB and the University of Applied Sciences in Münster, Germany.
When they arrived in Colombia, Manuel and Tilman found it difficult to find housing. Said Tilman Burfeind, co-founder of VICO:
The idea found us, as we originally did not intend to undertake.
In early 2019, VICO was selected as one of 11 startups into 500 Startups during the 10th batch of one of the world’s most recognized accelerator programs and venture funds.
How to Use the VICO Furnished Rentals Service
VICO’s website is very easy to use:
- Find the studio apartment or furnished room in shared housing that best meets your need.
- Make a contact request – you can make your reservation completely online or make an appointment to visit the property to see it before you rent.
- Finish the reservation – once you have agreed with the owner, you pay for the reservation and credit cards are accepted.
- Start living – come to your new home!
Just click on the following button to get started.
Note that furnished rentals with VICO are for a minimum term of one month. So, this is not an option for short-term daily or weekly rentals.
Why Partner with VICO to Offer Furnished Rentals Services?
- Provide a recommended company to readers to rent furnished rooms and furnished studio apartments – we receive several questions each month from readers looking for inexpensive furnished rooms and studio apartments. So, we partnered with VICO.
- Answer furnished rental questions from readers – Medellin Guru receives many questions about furnished rentals each month. By partnering with a furnished rental company, we can get help to answer all these questions
- Supports Medellin Guru – the Medellin Guru website is costly to run. And with this furnished rental service Medellin Guru receives a small commission from VICO. This is at no additional cost to you.
This partnership with VICO for furnished rentals is similar to existing partnerships Medellin Guru has with:
- RE/MAX Coffee Realty for real estate services
- Expatgroup.co for Colombian visa services, and
- Angela Barrio for Colombian insurance services.
In addition, we provide a popular expat consultation service via phone or in-person to make your relocation to Medellín successful.
Medellin Guru’s Guide to Choosing a Neighborhood
On the Medellin Guru website, we have several articles about choosing a neighborhood in Medellín, including:
- What are the Safest Neighborhoods in Medellín and the Aburrá Valley?
- 5 Best Neighborhoods in Medellín: A Guide to Choosing a Neighborhood
- 8 Downsides of El Poblado: Living in Medellín’s Expensive Neighborhood
- Estratos: A Guide to Understanding Estratos in Colombia
- El Poblado vs Laureles: Which is the Better Neighborhood to Live in?
- El Poblado vs Envigado: Which is the Better Neighborhood to Live in?
- El Poblado vs Sabaneta: Which is the Better Neighborhood to Live in?
- El Poblado vs Belén: Which is the Better Neighborhood to Live in?
- 2018 Unfurnished Apartment Rental Costs in Medellín in 5 Neighborhoods Popular with Expats
- 6 Inexpensive Neighborhoods for Unfurnished Rentals in Medellín
VICO offers over 800 furnished room and studio apartments available for rent at reasonable prices in neighborhoods popular with foreigners.
VICO Shared Housing in El Poblado
VICO Shared Housing in Laureles
VICO Shared Housing in Envigado
VICO Shared Housing in Belén
The Bottom Line: Furnished Rentals – Medellin Guru Partners with VICO for Furnished Rentals
There is a wide range of furnished rooms and furnished studio apartments available for rent in Medellín from budget to luxury rooms and studio apartments.
With VICO, it is possible to find furnished rooms priced as low as 500,000 pesos per month and an average about about 800,000 pesos per month. So, you can find decent furnished rooms for rent in Medellín that are cheaper than hotels and hostels.
The bottom line is that VICO has many inexpensive options. So, it’s a very good option for finding furnished rooms and studio apartments for rent in Medellín.
Sign up for the Free Medellin Guru Newsletter – You can see all of the previous Medellin Guru weekly email newsletters and sign up here.