Medellin Guru launched the Medellin Guru Events & Discussion Forum on Facebook in July 2018 and we look at 9 reasons to join this new Medellin Guru group.
Many readers of the Medellin Guru website asked that we start having Medellin Guru meetups and also provide a discussion forum for readers.
This Facebook group is intended for the readers and followers of Medellin Guru and other expats and readers interested in sharing experiences and ideas about living in Medellín and visiting Medellín and Colombia.
Also, we hold regular monthly Medellin Guru meetups in Medellín where you will have the opportunity to interact with the Medellin Guru writers and other expats in Medellín. And our first official Medellin Guru meetup was in August 2018.
We also welcome discussions in this Medellin Guru Facebook group. And you will be able to ask questions via this group to the Medellin Guru writers and other experienced expats living in Medellín.
9 Reasons to Join the Medellin Guru Forum
Here are nine reasons to join the Medellín Guru Events & Discussion Forum:
- Find out about the Medellin Guru monthly events. We host monthly Medellin Guru events where you can meet other expats. And these Medellin Guru meetups have become the largest expat meetups in Medellin.
- Make friends in Medellín. Attending meetups and joining a Facebook group are two ways for making friends in Medellín.
- Get your Medellín and Colombia questions answered. The Medellin Guru forum has Medellin Guru writers and other experienced expats living in Medellín that can answer your questions.
- Share your experiences. Through this forum and the our meetups you can share your experiences and ideas about living in Medellín and visiting Medellín and Colombia.
- Share your events with the Medellin Guru readership. Help get the word out about events in Medellín to the Medellin Guru community.
- Over 80,000 monthly readers of Medellin Guru. The Medellin Guru website receives over 80,000 unique visitors each month. Many of these readers are expected to join the Medellin Guru Events & Discussion Forum.
- Over 16,300 Medellin Guru followers on Facebook. Medellin Guru has over 16,300 followers on Medellin Guru’s page on Facebook. This is more followers than any other English-language blog about Colombia. Many of these followers are expected to join the Medellin Guru Events & Discussion Forum.
- More new content on Medellin Guru than any other Colombia blog. In Medellin Guru’s first two years, we published 409 articles from 18 authors, with a total of over 845,000 words words and over 4,800 photos and videos. This is almost as much content as was published on all other active Colombia blogs combined. And all the new content published each month on Medellin Guru will continue to attract readers and new members of the Medellin Guru Events & Discussion Forum.
- Promote your business to expats. If you have a business catering to expats, you can promote your business via this forum. But only one post by a business is permitted every 15 days with a maximum of two posts per month.
You can join the Medellin Guru Events & Discussion Forum on Facebook.
Medellin Guru’s Facebook Forum Rules
The Medellin Guru group on Facebook is actively moderated.
Please follow our group rules:
- No swearing
- No politics
- No personal attacks
- No bullying
- No comments that break the law or encourage unlawful activity
- No real estate ads are permitted
- No spamming or over-posting is permitted. If promoting a business or event, only one post every 15 days is permitted with a maximum of two posts per month.
Please report anything that is inappropriate. Also, by commenting in this group, you are indicating that you have read, understand and agree to follow the group rules listed above.
We reserve the right to delete comments or users who violate the above group rules. In addition, comments posted in this group by the public do not represent the views of the group owner.
The Bottom Line: Medellin Guru Events & Discussion Forum
Many readers of Medellin Guru asked for events and also a discussion forum. So, we launched the Medellin Guru Events & Discussion Forum. Also, you can follow our events on our new Medellin Guru group on Meetup.com.
We have held 17 Medellin Guru meetups in Medellín and they have quickly grown to become the largest expat meetups in Medellín:
- August 2018 at Randy’s Sports Bar & Grill – over 70 attendees
- September 2018 at Medellin Beer Factory – over 90 attendees
- October 2018 at 20Mission Cerveza – over 90 attendees
- November 2018 at Medellin Beer Factory – over 120 attendees
- January 2019 at Medellin Beer Factory – over 170 attendees
- February 2019 at 20Mission Cerveza – over 175 attendees
- March 2019 at Medellin Beer Factory – over 170 attendees
- April 2019 at Mercado Del Tranvía in Envigado – over 140 attendees
- May 2019 at 20Mission Cerveza – over 180 attendees.
- June 2019 at Mercado Del Tranvía in Envigado – over 140 attendees.
- July 2019 at 20Mission Cerveza – over 190 attendees.
- August 2019 at Medellin Beer Factory – over 160 attendees.
- September 2019 at Mercado de Sabaneta – over 150 attendees.
- October 2019 at 20Mission Cerveza – over 185 attendees.
- November 2019 at 20Mission Cerveza – over 210 attendees.
- December 2019 at Mercado de Sabaneta – over 160 attendees.
- January 2020 at Mercado de Sabaneta – over 145 attendee in spite of the rain.
In addition, our February 2020 Medellin Guru meetup is at Mercado De La Playa on December 18, 2020. This is a new gastronomic market in El Centro that is prefect for one of our events with over 25 restaurants and bars and seating for over 800 people.
We plan to have meetups each month in Medellín that will be announced in our Medellin Guru Events & Discussion Forum.
Sign up for the Free Medellin Guru Newsletter – You can see all of the previous Medellin Guru weekly email newsletters and sign up here.
Editors note: updated on January 25, 2020 to add all the Medellin Guru meetups to the article.