Khlua Thai is a home-based restaurant in Envigado with a Thai cook, which has very good and authentic Thai food available for delivery. This restaurant was started by a Colombian named Oscar and his wife from Thailand.
Khlua Thai used to have a Thai restaurant in Envigado near Parque Envigado (located at Calle 38 Sur # Carrera 43 A-18), which reportedly opened in 2019. But this restaurant had to close due to lack of customers during the pandemic.
However, the husband and wife still offer authentic Thai food for delivery from a home-based restaurant or at a couple tables outside their home in Envigado
A Medellin Guru reader recommended this restaurant in April before it closed. I finally tried the food recently and found it to be authentic Thai food and spicy.
I like Thai food and had given up on finding authentic Thai food in Medellín. But Khlua Thai has authentic Thai food and you can order spicy, which I really like. Also, you can order for delivery at home.
Note the above photos are courtesy of Khlua Thai.
Khlua Thai has a relatively small menu with Thai dishes including:
- Pad Thai – 13,000 pesos for vegetarian, pork or chicken or 18,000 pesos for seafood.
- Pad Khi Mao – 13,000 pesos for vegetarian, pork or chicken or 18,000 pesos for seafood.
- Pad Pak – 13,000 pesos for vegetarian, pork or chicken or 18,000 pesos for seafood.
- Spicy Pork Salad – 13,000 pesos.
- Tom Yum – 18,000 pesos with pork and seafood
- Traditional Soup with Chicken and Pork – 15,000 pesos.
- Fried Rice – 11,000 pesos for vegetarian, pork or chicken or 15,000 pesos for seafood.
- Teriyaki Chicken or Pork – 11,000 pesos.
You can ask for spicy and they have spicy Thai food, which I like. And if you eat at the tables outside their home in Envigado, they have juice or water available to drink. Also, they have spring rolls available, 10,000 pesos for three.
This home-based restaurant offers domicilio (delivery), which costs 5,000 pesos for Envigado and 10,000 pesos to Sabaneta or El Poblado or 12,000 pesos to Laureles or Belén. The WhatsApp number for deliveries is +57 322 590 3861.
How to Get to Khlua Thai
Khlua Thai is a home-based restaurant with only two tables in Envigado, which is located across the street from Institucional Educativa Leticia Arango. They mainly do deliveries to Envigado, El Poblado and Sabaneta.
If you go to their location, you can provide the address below to a taxi driver.
Address: Carrera 42C #45B Sur-16, Envigado (note only two tables available).
Phone: +57 322 590 3861 (WhatsApp for delivery)
Hours: 11 am to 8 pm.
Asian Restaurants in Medellín
On the Medellin Guru website, we have looked at seven of the best Asian restaurants in Medellín and nearby:
- Cuon– a popular Asian restaurant in El Pobaldo with a fusion of dishes from different countries in Asia.
- Eden Bistro – a popular Korean restaurant in El Poblado with authentic Korean food.
- Halong Vietnamita– a popular Vietnamese restaurant in El Poblado with very good Vietnamese food.
- Lemoncillo – a hidden gem Vietnamese restaurant in Envigado with very good Vietnamese food.
- BaoBar – a restaurant in El Retiro with very good and authentic Singaporean food.
- Oppa Asado Coreanoand Oppa Rolo Coreano – two small Korean restaurants in Laureles and El Poblado with authentic Korean food.
- Khlua Thai – authentic Thai food in Envigado for delivery.
Also, we included Khlua Thai in our list of the best Asian restaurants in Medellín.
I like Asian food having lived in Asia for five years when I was younger. However, so far in over eight years living in Medellín I haven’t found a really good Chinese restaurant, even though there are many Chinese restaurants in the Medellín area.
The Bottom Line: Khlua Thai – Authentic Thai Food in Envigado for Delivery
If you like Thai food, Khlua Thai has some authentic Thai food that you can order from home for delivery.
We decided to cover this home-based restaurant with delivery as it bas relatively inexpensive and very good Thai food.
In addition, the husband and wife owners hope to reopen their Thai restaurant at some time in the future.
Sign up for the Free Medellin Guru Newsletter – You can see all of the previous Medellin Guru weekly email newsletters and sign up here.