Eden Bistro is a popular restaurant in Medellín with very good and authentic Korean food including kimchi. Also, this restaurant is owned by a Korean.
After you’ve been in Colombia for a while and had your fill of rice, frijoles, patacones and chicharrón and looking for Asian food for a change of pace, Eden Bistro is a good option. Eden Bistro opened in 2015 and is located in El Poblado.
The dishes and flavors at this restaurant are authentic Korean and quite different than any typical Colombian dishes. I have eaten at this Korean restaurant several times and there are several very good dishes on the menu.
Note: three of the above photos are courtesy of Eden Bistro.
Editors note: Eden Bistro closed the end of July 2021 but we were told they would reopen in September.
The Food Menu
The menu at Eden Bistro has several typical Korean dishes. The menu includes the following main dishes:
- Bibimbap – a traditional dish served on the eve of the new lunar year and one of the most popular in Korea with rice, sautéed vegetables, fried egg and beef, pork or chicken for 25,000 pesos.
- Bokeum de Arroz – Korean style fried rice with vegetables and fried eggs and with beef, pork or chicken for 25,000 pesos
- Curry – rice with curry in a pure Korean style with vegetables and with chicken or pork for 25,000 pesos.
- Bulgogi – a delicacy from the province of Pyongan based on marinated beef with soy sauces and sautéed vegetables for 20,000 pesos.
- Donkatsu – originally Japanese, a dish that mixes breaded pork fillet with a homemade katsu sauce for 20,000 pesos.
- Yangyeum Chicken Bowl – strips of fried chicken breast dipped in sweet and sour Korean-style sauce for 25,000 pesos.
- Bokeum – Chicken – spicy boneless chicken with sautéed vegetables for 20,000 pesos.
- Bokeum – Kimchi Pork – kimchi sautéed with pork and vegetables for 25,000 pesos.
Each of the main dishes comes with three small sides and a small soup of the day. Also, there are two larger dishes on the menu that are meant for two people for 80,000 pesos each. These larger dishes are essentially experiencing your own Korean-style grill at your table.
Furthermore, there are two additions on the menu – white rice for 4,000 pesos and kimchi for 6,000 pesos. Kimchi is fermented and spicy cabbage, which is to Koreans what beans and rice is to Colombians.
Also, there are four different soups on the menu for 25,000 pesos each. In addition, there are seven different sushi roll dishes on the menu for 17,000 to 40,000 pesos.
Finally, there are three appetizers on the menu priced from 17,000 to 20,000 pesos.
The Drink Menu
Eden Bistro has a very small drink menu. There are five beers available for 5,000 to 8,000 pesos. Also, they have Soju, a Korean liquor, for 35,000 pesos.
In addition, there are juices, tea and sodas on the menu for 5,000 to 8,000 pesos.
How to Get to Eden Bistro
Eden Bistro is located in El Poblado in Medellín not far from Parque Lleras. The restaurant is located near one of the main streets in El Poblado – Calle 10.
The nearest Medellín Metro station is the Poblado station on the A Line. And this restaurant is about a 20-minute walk uphill from the Poblado metro station.
Taxis are another option to get to this restaurant. Every taxi driver in Medellín will know where Parque Lleras is located. And this restaurant is located near Parque Lleras.
Address: Carrera 37 # 10-8, El Poblado, Medellín
Phone: +57 4 589 7835
Hours: Monday to Thursday: Noon to 9:30 pm; Friday and Saturday: Noon to 10:00 pm; Sunday: 12:30 to 9:30 pm.
Payment accepted: Credit and debit cards and cash.
The Best Asian Restaurants in Medellín
On the Medellin Guru website, we have looked at seven of the best Asian restaurants in Medellín and nearby:
- Cuon– a popular Asian restaurant in El Pobaldo with a fusion of dishes from different countries in Asia.
- Eden Bistro – a popular Korean restaurant in El Poblado with authentic Korean food.
- Halong Vietnamita– a popular Vietnamese restaurant in El Poblado with very good Vietnamese food.
- Lemoncillo – a hidden gem Vietnamese restaurant in Envigado with very good Vietnamese food.
- BaoBar – a restaurant in El Retiro with very good and authentic Singaporean food.
- Oppa Asado Coreanoand Oppa Rolo Coreano – two small Korean restaurants in Laureles and El Poblado with authentic Korean food.
- Khlua Thai – Authentic Thai Food in Envigado for Delivery
Also, we included Eden Bistro in our list of the best Asian restaurants in Medellín.
I like Asian food having lived in Asia for five years when I was younger. However, so far in over eight years living in Medellín I haven’t found a really good Chinese restaurant, even though there are many Chinese restaurants in the Medellín area.
The Bottom Line: Eden Bistro – Authentic Korean Food in Medellín
Eden Bistro has some good Korean food and it has been discovered by many foreigners who like Asian food due to being located in El Poblado not far from Parque Lleras.
If you like Korean food or are looking for something new to try, I recommend this restaurant. In addition, the prices are reasonable for El Poblado and they have lunch specials during the week. And the sushi is fresh and pretty good here but they don’t have a big selection of sushi.
Readers, what is your favorite Asian restaurant in Medellín?
Sign up for the Free Medellin Guru Newsletter – You can see all of the previous Medellin Guru weekly email newsletters and sign up here.
Editors note: updated on February 26, 2021 to add Khlua Thai.
Editors note: update on August 15, 2021 with information that Eden Bistro closed at the end of July 2021.
Nice article, I agree that Eden Bistro has some good Korean food. I have been there several times and highly recommend it.