Medellin Guru is the only blog in Colombia that answers hundreds of expat questions about Colombia monthly. Medellin Guru has been responding to well over 700 questions per month from readers for free.
Since Medellin Guru was launched in July 2017, we have answered well over 25,000 questions from readers in about four years.
However, we are changing our policy about answering reader questions due to a big increase of questions in the past month that we are unable to handle.
In the past three days we received over 150 questions from readers. At this rate we will be spending many hours each day and answering over 1,500 questions per month for free.
We will no longer do this. It is no longer possible to respond to all questions from readers for free. We hope readers understand.
For Medellin Guru paying Patreon subscribers we will answer but this is NOT unlimited Q&A. We have Expat consultations if you have many questions. Questions from non-paying subscribers will occasionally be responded to but this is no longer guaranteed.
We now receive over 1,000 questions per month about hundreds of topics. These are mainly about visas, coronavirus, travel to Colombia, moving to Colombia, cities in Colombia, insurance, renting apartments, neighborhoods and real estate.
Also, Medellin Guru has a large network of professionals including a visa agency, insurance broker, real estate agency, lawyers and other professionals. So, we can answer almost any question from readers or find someone who can answer.
Before Asking Questions, Follow These Guidelines
Keep in mind we have a list of 34 Medellín frequently asked questions, which answers many common reader questions. If you ask a question answered by this FAQ, we may not respond to your question or will just refer you to this FAQ.
We don’t respond to all questions, make sure to follow these guidelines
- We don’t do sponsored posts or advertising, see our About page.
- We don’t respond to people asking to post links in our articles.
- We aren’t a travel agency and questions asking to book your trip will not be answered
- If you work in press relations (PR), please don’t send press releases.
- Don’t ask drug, sex-related or illegal activity questions, such questions will not be answered.
- Keep your questions short, maximum of two paragraphs.
We Now Prioritize Answering
We now receive over 1,000 questions each month from readers from many sources, including
- Chat available on some articles on Medellin Guru (only visa, insurance and real estate articles), you can send an email.
- Medellin Guru Expat consultations.
- On Patreon from paying Medellin Guru subscribers
- In emails from our contact page.
- In comments on blog articles on Medellin Guru.
- On our Medellin Guru Facebook page, Medellin Guru Facebook group and Sabaneta Expats Facebook group and other Colombia Facebook groups.
- On our Twitter and Instagram.
It is no longer possible to respond to all questions from readers for free. For Medellin Guru paying Patreon subscribers we will answer but this is NOT unlimited Q&A. We have Expat consultations if you have many questions.
The following is our new priority for responding to questions, in order:
- Medellin Guru Expat consultations, a call or in-person meeting will be scheduled.
- From Patreon subscribers, within 4-6 hours, but not on weekends.
- Emails from readers via our contact page, only answered if a Patreon subscriber. If not a subscriber we will occasionally answer, but this is no longer guaranteed.
- Comments on Medellin Guru blog articles, within 8-10 hours. We will respond to comments on our blog, as this benefits many readers.
- On Medellin Guru Facebook page, Medellin Guru Facebook group and Sabaneta Expats Facebook group, within 12 to 15 hours, as this benefits many readers. NOTE we do not answer Facebook PMs due to the high volume and some fakes.
- On our Twitter and Instagram, we will no longer respond to questions on these two Social media sites.
The Best Ways to Ask Questions on Medellin Guru
The four best ways to get answers on Medellin Guru are:
- Expat consultations, a call or in-person meeting will be scheduled.
- On Patreon for paying subscribers, which sends us an email.
- Via our contact page, which sends us an email, but we will only guarantee response to paying Patreon subscribers.
- Comments on any article on Medellin Guru.
Expat Consultation Service
If you have multiple questions, we have our Medellin Guru Expat Consultation service where Jeff, the founder of Medellin Guru, can answer all your questions on a call or in an in-person meeting.
Moving to a city in a foreign country is complicated. We offer personalized expat consultation services via the phone or in-person to help make your relocation to Medellín successful.
We have helped over 250 Medellin Guru readers with our expat consultation service.
We answer all your questions about visas, renting apartments, neighborhoods, health insurance, investments and buying property and many other topics including coronavirus in Colombia.
Some Readers Are Confused About Medellin Guru and Our Services
Some Medellin Guru readers questions indicate there is some confusion, thinking that Medellin Guru is a visa agency or insurance agent or real estate agency or a Spanish school due to having many articles about these topics on Medellin Guru.
We cannot provide quotes for visa services, insurance services or real estate services or Spanish classes. You need to contact our partners.
Medellin Guru partnered to offer visas, health insurance, real estate and Spanish school services to foreigners to help with relocation, as seen in these articles:
- Visa services with Expatgroup.co
- Insurance services with Angela Berrio– including health, homeowners, car and life insurance as well as travel insurance
- Real estate services with RE/MAX Coffee Realty
- Spanish Classes from OLSA International
Our partners can help respond to questions.
These four partnerships are affiliate relationships (like the Amazon affiliate program). If you use these partner services, Medellin Guru receives a small commission and you support the website. This is at no additional cost to you. The price remains the same, whether you use a button or affiliate link on this website or not.
When I moved to Medellín over eight years ago there was little help available for foreigners. And our goal with our relocation services is to make it easier for foreigners to move to Medellín.
The Bottom Line: How to Ask Questions on Medellin Guru?
Medellin Guru now limits the number of question per month we will answer from readers.
We changed our policy due to an increase of questions that we are unable to handle. In the past three days we received over 150 questions from readers. At this rate we will be spending many hours each day and answering over 1,500 questions per month for free. We will no longer do this.
For Patreon subscribers we will answer but his is NOT unlimited Q&A. We have Expat consultations if you have many questions. Questions from non-paying subscribers will occasionally be answered but this is no longer guaranteed.
In the above article, we share the four best ways to ask questions on Medellin Guru.
However, many readers have abusing this free service, so we can no longer guarantee responses to questions if you are not a Patreon subscriber. It is cheap at only $3 per month to become a Patreon subscriber. And if you have several questions we offer low-cost Expat consultations.
Sign up for the Free Medellin Guru Newsletter – You can see all of the previous Medellin Guru weekly email newsletters and sign up here.
Editors note: updated on June 25 with new Medellin Guru policy for answering reader questions.