Messkla was new Thai restaurant in Envigado that opened about three months ago started by a couple and the cook is Thai so it has authentic Thai food.
I like Thai food and Messkla has authentic Thai food and you can order spicy, which I really like. Also, you can order for delivery at home.
A Medellin Guru reader recommended this restaurant and I went to try it out recently and found that it has authentic Thai food.
On September 17, we confirmed that Messkla has closed.
Note: two of the above photos are courtesy of Messkla.
Messkla had a relatively small menu with follow Thai noodle and soup dishes including:
- Pad Thai – 21,000 pesos with tofu, chicken or 23,000 pesos with shrimp.
- Khao Soi Gai – 13,000 pesos for this egg noodle dish in mild curry with a drumstick, red onion, crispy egg noodles and lime.
- Coco Fideo – rice noodle dish from south of Thailand with coconut milk sauce with tofu for 21,000 pesos or 23,000 pesos with shrimp.
- Pad See Lew – stir fried noodles with soy sauce, kale, egg with tofu or chicken for 21,000 pesos or with shrimp for 23,000 pesos.
- Panaeng Curry – traditional curry from Thailand that has a spicy and sweet taste with chicken for 23,000 pesos or with shrip for 25,000 pesos.
- Tom Yum Gung – 23,000 pesos with shrimp and mushrooms and rice or 25,000 pesos with noodles.
- Green Curry – 23,000 pesos with pumpkin, bell pepper, chicken thigh and rice.
- Massaman Curry – 23,000 pesos with chicken thigh, potato, onion and roasted peanuts, served with rice.
They also had several fried rice dishes with prices ranging from 17,000 to 20,000 pesos. In addition, the menu includes three types of rice bowls priced from 19,000 to 22,000 pesos.
Also, they had five types of spring rolls available, 6,000 pesos for two. Finally there are 11 pizzas on the menu including seven Messkla Thai pizzas and three traditional pizzas.
The Drink Menu
This restaurant had a small drink menu. There are three beers for 5,000 to 6,000 pesos.
In addition, there were teas, soft drinks and boxed juices for 4,500 to 6,000 pesos. Also, there are hot coffees and teas for 2,000 6,000 pesos.
How to Get to Messkla
Messkla was small restaurant with only two tables in Envigado, which is located which is located about a five-minute walk for Parque Envigado.
If you went to their location, you can provide the address below to a taxi driver.
Address: Calle 40C Sur #42-44, Envigado (note only two tables available).
Phone: +57 323 2328181 (WhatsApp for delivery)
Hours: Wednesday to Sunday: noon to 9 pm, Monday and Tuesday: closed.
Payment accepted: Credit cards and cash
The Bottom Line: Messkla – A New Thai Restaurant in Envigado with Authentic Thai Food is Closed
If you like Thai food, Messkla had some authentic Thai food that is relatively inexpensive and good. This is a very small restaurant with only two tables but they do deliveries. But this restaurant did not survive long. Only open about four months.
In addition, the husband and wife owners hope to expand their menu with additional Thai dishes but are finding it hard to find some ingredients.
Sign up for the Free Medellin Guru Newsletter – You can see all of the previous Medellin Guru weekly email newsletters and sign up here.
Editors note: updated on September 17, with information that Messkla has closed.