Every week Medellin Guru publishes the popular and FREE Medellin Guru Newsletter via email to over 9,000 subscribers.
The Medellin Guru Newsletter is published weekly by the popular Medellin Guru blog. As of November 11, 2021, we have published 217 weekly newsletters in a row in the 217 weeks since the launch of the website on July 20, 2017.
We now have over 9,000 subscribers to our weekly Medellin Guru newsletter. In this article, we look at six reasons to subscribe to the Medellin Guru Newsletter.
1. Medellin Guru Publishes More Content Than Any Other Colombia Blog
Since our launch on July 20, 2017 until November 11, 2021, Medellin Guru published a total of over 680 articles. We publish an average of about 12 articles each month.
So, every week in our newsletter you will typically see several new articles we published. If you subscribe, you will see these new articles every week.
The following list is the 20 most popular articles on Medellin Guru in 2020, including all of our articles that were originally published in 2020 and in 2017, 2018 and 2019
- Coronavirus in Colombia: Myth vs Reality – Current Status
- International Flights Return to Colombia Starting in September
- Colombia Quarantine: Nationwide Quarantine Extended to September 1
- Carnaval de Barranquilla 2021: Second Largest Carnival is Cancelled
- How to Obtain a Colombian Visa – With Up-to-Date 2020 Info
- 30 Exotic Tropical Fruits of Colombia a Fruit Lovers Paradise
- Mercado De La Playa: A New Gastronomic Market in Medellín
- Humanitarian Flights from Colombia to the U.S. and Other Countries
- How to Obtain a Colombia Resident Visa – 2020 Update0
- How to Obtain a Colombia Retirement Visa – 2021 Update
- Tourist Visas: How to Extend a Tourist Visa in Medellín – 2020 Update
- Cuts of Beef: A Comprehensive Guide to Cuts of Beef in Colombia
- How to Get to Medellín from the Airport – 2020 Update
- Scopolamine: The Realities of Devil’s Breath in Colombia
- Pico y Cedula: Grocery Shopping Restrictions During Quarantine
- How to Obtain a Colombia Marriage Visa – 2020 Update
- Is Medellín Safe? Security in Medellín and Safety Tips – 2019 Update
- 11 Downsides to Living in Medellín: An Expat Perspective
- COVID-19 Testing in Colombia: Reality About Coronavirus Testing
- Colombia Holidays: A Guide to the Many Festivos in Colombia
Medellin Guru is the Only Colombia Blog That Keeps Content Up-to-Date
Every week in our newsletter you will see two to 10 articles that were republished due to things changing.
Medellin Guru is the only blog in Colombia that has a policy of not letting articles on our website become out-of-date.
Some of our articles have been updated multiple times, as things change constantly in Colombia. In the past 130 weeks up to August 4, 2021 we updated a total of 1,888 articles.. A benefit of subscribing to our newsletter is finding out what things are changing in Colombia.
3. Find Out About Current Colombia and Venezuela News
In our weekly newsletter we include current news articles about Colombia and Venezuela.
The English language news sites in Colombia tend to miss much of the important news about Colombia covered by the international news organizations such as BBC, Economist, NY Times and many others.
So, each week in our newsletter we include two to five current Colombia and Venezuela news articles we believe are of interest to our readers.
4. Find Out About the Medellin Guru Meetups and Other Events
Each month until the coronavirus pandemic, Before the pandemic, Medellin Guru hosted the largest events for foreigners in Medellín.
We held 17 Medellin Guru meetups in Medellín and they quickly grew to become the largest expat meetups in Medellín:
- August 2018 at Randy’s Sports Bar & Grill – over 70 attendees
- September 2018 at Medellin Beer Factory – over 90 attendees
- October 2018 at 20Mission Cerveza – over 90 attendees
- November 2018 at Medellin Beer Factory – over 120 attendees
- January 2019 at Medellin Beer Factory – over 170 attendees
- February 2019 at 20Mission Cerveza – over 175 attendees
- March 2019 at Medellin Beer Factory – over 170 attendees
- April 2019 at Mercado Del Tranvía in Envigado – over 140 attendees
- May 2019 at 20Mission Cerveza – over 180 attendees.
- June 2019 at Mercado Del Tranvía in Envigado – over 140 attendees.
- July 2019 at 20Mission Cerveza – over 190 attendees.
- August 2019 at Medellin Beer Factory – over 160 attendees.
- September 2019 at Mercado de Sabaneta – over 150 attendees.
- October 2019 at 20Mission Cerveza – over 185 attendees.
- November 2019 at 20Mission Cerveza – over 210 attendees.
- December 2019 at Mercado de Sabaneta – over 160 attendees.
- January 2020 at Mercado de Sabaneta – over 145 attendee in spite of the rain.
- February 2020 at Mercado de La Playa – over 200 attendees.
We plan to resume our Medellin Guru events at some time in the future. Our weekly Medellin Guru Newsletter includes information about upcoming Medellin Guru events as well as other events in Medellín.
5. Medellin Guru is the Most Popular English Language Blog in Colombia
Also, we achieved over 17,000 followers on the Medellin Guru Facebook. Medellin Guru is the first English language Colombia blog to achieve this.
6. The Medellin Guru Newsletter is FREE
Finally, it costs absolutely nothing to receive the weekly Medellin Guru Newsletter – it’s FREE!
Your inbox won’t be bombarded, we only send updates about once a week. Also, your contact information won’t be shared with anyone. We have a 100 percent no spam guarantee! We hate spammers as much as you do.
See All of Our Published Newsletters
You can see all of our previously published Medellin Guru Newsletters here. And here four of our last published newsletters:
How to Subscribe to the Medellin Guru Newsletter
You can sign up for our weekly Medellin Guru email newsletter at the bottom right of any page on this website, if you are on a computer. Or if you are on a mobile device (phone or tablet) a popup will appear in about 12 seconds on any page.
In addition, you can see all of the previous Medellin Guru weekly email newsletters here and subscribe on the left of that site (scroll down).
Also, you will receive an email confirmation when you subscribe and you will need to click on a link in that email to confirm your subscription.
The Bottom Line: Subscribe to the Medellin Guru Newsletter
The Medellin Guru Newsletter is very popular with thousands of subscribers and we are adding over 100 new subscribers every month.
Subscribing to the Medellin Guru Newsletter is worth at least trying. If you decide you don’t like it, you can unsubscribe with one click.
Every week the Medellin Guru Newsletter has our latest new articles, updated articles, information about our Medellin Guru events and the latest Colombia and Venezuela news.
Sign up for the Free Medellin Guru Newsletter – You can see all of the previous Medellin Guru weekly email newsletters and sign up here.
Editors note: updated on January 25, 2020 with current information.
Editors note: updated on November 15, 2020 with current information.
Editors note: updated on March 11, 2021 with current information.
Editors note: updated on August 5, 2021 with current information.
Editors note: updated on November 11, 2021 with current information.